Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I bought another quad...

Job done! Went for a flight somewhere different practicing nice and long power loops. Quickly learnt that height is everything after a couple of close calls. All good and no damage for once.

Good to hear that it all went well. I'm always amazed at how some pilots can make their quads look like they are floating during a loop. I hope to be able to do that someday.

Reactions: tevek
Good to hear that it all went well. I'm always amazed at how some pilots can make their quads look like they are floating during a loop. I hope to be able to do that someday.
You’ll do just fine, practice, practice etc. Everyone has to start somewhere and I’ve thought that if some else can do it, I should try to also.

Reactions: graywoulf
You’ll do just fine, practice, practice etc. Everyone has to start somewhere and I’ve thought that if some else can do it, I should try to also.

I can't argue with any of those statements. I think that the freestyle flying is cool and looks like fun but so many pilots that publish videos seem to go crazy doing aerobatics during most of their flight. I want to learn some of those moves but what has caught my eye is the cinematic flying. Sometimes high up and sometimes skimming the ground or terrain at treetop level. I watch Trith FPV on YT a lot. He has a great back yard to fly in and he usually flies low and fast with an interesting amount of freestyle mixed in. He is the one that got me interested in the Tinyhawk Freestyle. He has upgraded the FPV cam and the VTX so as to get better flight video with the DVR in his goggles.

I posted my first ever FPV video today. I was flying a tiny whoop that I put together using a Parrot Mambo mini quad and a AIO FPV camera. If you are interested in seeing it here is the link to the video in the ParrotPilots forum. It is a decent little flyer but I was fighting the wind in the video. Let me know what you think of it.

Reactions: tevek
I can't argue with any of those statements. I think that the freestyle flying is cool and looks like fun but so many pilots that publish videos seem to go crazy doing aerobatics during most of their flight. I want to learn some of those moves but what has caught my eye is the cinematic flying. Sometimes high up and sometimes skimming the ground or terrain at treetop level. I watch Trith FPV on YT a lot. He has a great back yard to fly in and he usually flies low and fast with an interesting amount of freestyle mixed in. He is the one that got me interested in the Tinyhawk Freestyle. He has upgraded the FPV cam and the VTX so as to get better flight video with the DVR in his goggles.

I posted my first ever FPV video today. I was flying a tiny whoop that I put together using a Parrot Mambo mini quad and a AIO FPV camera. If you are interested in seeing it here is the link to the video in the ParrotPilots forum. It is a decent little flyer but I was fighting the wind in the video. Let me know what you think of it.

Well done, if you were struggling in the wind with the Parrot, you’re in for an adventure with THFS given it’s light weight and not so punchy 2S. As for acrobatics and the like, once you get a feel for the new quad, it’s quite easy to practice loops and rolls once you flick over to angle/acro. Get her up nice and high and go for it, I mostly fly cinematic with a few tricks here and there dependent on where I fly. I’ve crashed and burned that many times that you get pretty good at rebuilding and eventually better at pulling a few tricks.
Thats what makes the addiction rewarding, you simply have to get out there and get better.
You're doing just fine.

Reactions: graywoulf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone