Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

iflight nazgul5 v2 tango 2 setup

huskydriver

Reaction score
I got my first FPV and having a few issues. I bought the quad as a BNF. I got the the Tango 2 controller bound, but when I connected it to betaflight the throttle is in the roll position and pitch is in yaw. How do you swap these around? Thanks. Any other tips appreciated. This has been anything but BNF......LOL.

Rich

So I got my sticks mapped accordingly, but for some reason I just don't feel comfortable flying it around. The response doesn't seem very quick and flying it seems very tame. It seems like I have to move the sticks a lot in order for me to get any response. I changed the rates in betaflight, but this drone just seems very uninspiring and i have a lack of confidence with it. a few times i've slowed down to a hover and then the drone just started doing flips before falling to the ground. is there some setting or something i'm not doing correctly. I even did the calibration on the tango 2, but still don't feel comfortable with it. fyi, i have a dji fpv that i fly manual with all the time. i'm very comfortable with it, but the dji is fragile hence me getting this drone, i just can't fly it with any consistency as it doesn't seem to react to the controller. i've even had to kill it mid flight because it just started to fly away without any response to my stick movement.

When you connect your tango 2 to your quad while having it plugged into betaflight look at your stick inputs and see how far they move from the middle and also if the inputs like roll, pitch and yaw level at 1500 exactly when no input is being applied. Also make sure you your tango 2 is set to the 915mhz band for USA. You can also see how the quad responds to your inputs from the graphic located on the bottom right. Are you using the right number of cells and mah for your quad? How much throttle do you need to apply in order to hover? DO you have the 4s or 6s version of your quad? What kind of batteries are you using?
1641970428853.png

Last edited:
I've got the 6s version. I'm using these batteries.

Ovonic 6S Lipo Battery 100C 1550mAh 22.2V Lipo Battery​

I've found out I needed to turn the accelerometer off in betaflight. I've now got more movement out of the drone. The battery seems pretty big and I'm having some issues keeping it in place. I've had to use the strap and then duct tape the other end to keep it from moving. I was also having another issue where the quad was flipping over on me and I think I found out that the camera angle may have been moving to a very severe angle causing the quad to eventually flip over when trying to fly forward. I've also got another issue where the drone is telling me telemetry lost when I haven't flown very far. I've only been keeping it within probably .5 to 1 km away, yet it keeps telling me it's lost signal. I seem to be able to control it thoughout the flight though and it's a tbs rx so wondering if this is normal or do i just turn off that warning. I'm thinking i may invest in some smaller batteries as well.

So this time my drone fell out of the sky and onto a frozen lake breaking one of the arms. Right off the bat it was telling me telemetry lost and rf low. It was no more then a football field away and maybe two football fields away when it completely dropped signal and fell out of the sky. This bnf has been anything but. Is there any other settings I need to check to make sure my radio is fully bound to the quad? This is very frustrating and a total time suck as it's making my dji fpv a more enjoyable experience......except when I have to send it back to dji for repair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onvlad85