Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I'm Brand New To Drones

Dingus

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this is not where i am supposed to post this... But I am eager

Whats up my names Ryan... I've developed a taste for FPV drone racing and I would like to get into the hobby rather than just watching it... Now I know you don't just go and buy a ready to race drone without knowing how to fly it first, so my question is...

What would be a good FPV beginner drone or drone kit for someone with zero experience... I catch on quickly but I don't want to waste money and buy something thats to much machine...

Ive seen the "Inductrix" and the "Eachine E010" but they look so cheap and im seeing they break a lot... What brands do I stay away from? What Kinda transmitters should I look at? pretty much what do I need to get started and learn to fly...

My goal is to get into FPV racing and possibly freestyle as well... Thank you so much for the help, I cant wait to start flying..

Hi,Dingus, Start out with a Hubsan 107 C cheap,Indoor outdoor with no wind. Great learner Quad parts everywhere,5 Batteries with a charger, Unlimitted flights,Fly the heck out of it. Read on these Forums then get yourself an Eachine product and get into it.Good Luck whatever you choose and have FUN FUN FUN.

If you are completely new to FPV, I'd strongly starting with a Simulator on your computer. Something like FPV Freerider. IMO, its the best way to get the feel of flying an FPV drone. Get all your totally "noob" crashes out of the way and learn to fly in "acro" mode.

I bought an Inductrix (without camera) to start even before the Simulator. It really didn't teach me anything I didn't already know since I'd been flying AP drones. Putting it in "acro" mode didn't help either it was just hard to fly. The biggest, best thing I did was to get FPV Freerider. I flew that for two weeks about an hour or so a day. At that point I started buying good/quality gear in preparation for my first real flight. I even bought an "RTF" QAV-R from getfpv.com. I spent another two weeks practicing on the simulator.

So after about 4 weeks of Simulator flying, I finally got out an flew my QAV-R. My first flight was much easier than I had expected. I was flying around with no real issues at all. The hardest part was landing. I had a few hard landings with that first pack. But no augering in, no cartwheeling across the grass, no broken props or anything. I went home and the next few days practiced landings. The next time out, I was doing flips, rolls, and admittedly sloppy Split-S turns.

I went all in and bought a quality Drone. Its been a few months now and the QAVR is holding up EXCELLENT! Sure I've crashed learning to do tricks and practicing flying around natural objects as well as pylons and gates, but these have not been "rookie" type mistakes.

Besides my QAVR, I have an Inductrix FPV Pro which totally sucks and I cannot recommend, an Inductrix FPV, which is what I use indoors and works well; a Torrent 110 which a total blast to fly, but has very short flight times, but allows you to fly in smaller areas and not worry about damaging property if you crash into something.

Please forgive me if this is not where i am supposed to post this... But I am eager

Whats up my names Ryan... I've developed a taste for FPV drone racing and I would like to get into the hobby rather than just watching it... Now I know you don't just go and buy a ready to race drone without knowing how to fly it first, so my question is...

What would be a good FPV beginner drone or drone kit for someone with zero experience... I catch on quickly but I don't want to waste money and buy something thats to much machine...

Ive seen the "Inductrix" and the "Eachine E010" but they look so cheap and im seeing they break a lot... What brands do I stay away from? What Kinda transmitters should I look at? pretty much what do I need to get started and learn to fly...

My goal is to get into FPV racing and possibly freestyle as well... Thank you so much for the help, I cant wait to start flying..

Reactions: NoHate
Another good simulator is Liftoff on Steam, also real flight, flying 4 channel helicopters is very similar and I say go straight to acro, muscle memory the right way straight from the beginning. Also a good big ginger quad, goolrc 210 and although powerful the arfun 95 or wizard 95

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigQ951