Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

IMPORTANT: If you purchase the DJI Remote Controller 2, read this post

Yesterday seems so long ago... :p

If you try and connect the DJI Remote Controller 2 to your Avata, it will probably not connect. I spent an hour trying every combination to get it to connect after receiving the controller Friday.

To fix this, you have to download DJI Assistant 2. Install it and then connect the controller to your laptop and update the firmware. Once done, you will then be able to connect the controller to your Avata. Nothing else will make it connect until you do this.

Added tip: To charge both the DJI Remote Controller 2 AND the DJI Motion Controller, only USB-A to USB-C cables have been working for me. USB-C to USB-C cables have not worked.

Added experience:
  • The DJI Virtual Flight app is constantly crashing for me, both on an updated Samsung S22 Ultra (T-Mobile/SnapDragon) and the Samsung S8 Ultra tablet. You just have to keep reloading it and you will eventually be able to use it. But it will crash between stages. Again, just keep reloading it.
  • Bring eyeglass wipes for the goggle lenses as if you rest the goggles on your forehead, u will get them dirty constantly.
  • If you can, sit down while flying the first few times to escape dizziness. Bring advil until you get use to the goggles.
  • If you are flying slowly at 1-2 feet above the deck, wind will push your Avata around. Be aware of this. Had my first drone "crash" the other day when the wind literally threw my Avata 30 feet in 2 seconds sideways to crash into a fence (no damage).
My first flight:
You should have read the instructions first

You should have read the instructions first
That wasn't helpful, kind, humorous, or informative. It was simply spiteful.

It shouldn't have ever been posted.

Hi guys a have an avata and i cannot pair the fpv controller 2 with it. I tried all of the update firmware steps using the correct usb-a to usb-c cable on both my m2 max macbook and my intel imac pro and after updating i get this error on both machines. (Firmware Incompatibility detected between some modules and current device.. Update your firmware?) even after allowing it to update i get the same error , on both computers. Both computers are current running Ventura. i tried dji support no help they just wanted multiple videos of me performing the update and concluded they cannot help. I also tried using the update from the fpv consumer version of dji assistant, and the most up to date version they pushed out. Any recommendations?

Fpv controller: V02.00.0600
Goggles V2: v.01.07.0000
Avata: v.01.03.0000
Dji assistant version: v2.1.17

Last edited:
Hi guys a have an avata and i cannot pair the fpv controller 2 with it. I tried all of the update firmware steps using the correct usb-a to usb-c cable on both my m2 max macbook and my intel imac pro and after updating i get this error on both machines. (Firmware Incompatibility detected between some modules and current device.. Update your firmware?) even after allowing it to update i get the same error , on both computers. Both computers are current running Ventura. i tried dji support no help they just wanted multiple videos of me performing the update and concluded they cannot help. I also tried using the update from the fpv consumer version of dji assistant, and the most up to date version they pushed out. Any recommendations?

Fpv controller: V02.00.0600
Goggles V2: v.01.07.0000
Avata: v.01.03.0000
Dji assistant version: v2.1.17
This reply from DJI suggests installing the Enterprise version of Assistant 2 and then install the Consumer Drone Series version. The Enterprise version, they said, has the latest driver. And I guess you need the Consumer Drone Series for the FPV Controller. It is definitely a mess. I spent two days trying various things.

But, I never saw the error that you describe. If the machine could see the controller, then things worked fine. But I couldn't get any Mac to see the FPV Controller and bought a $200 Windows PC laptop to get it to work.

I wish you the best of luck...

Awwww @pedz, you didn't cruise the local flea market for something for fifty bucks? A $200 machine is a lot of horsepower for DJI updates...😁😁

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax