Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Incredible Mountain Valley and Secret Cabin Discovered!

GiantAntCowboy

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
A few weeks ago I found this incredible valley and spent 5 hours hiking around, exploring, and flying various spots.
I finally finished editing the footage and wanted to share the video with you guys.

Notes:
- Check out that cabin(!) I'll definitely spend a night there someday soon.
- The video is divided into 3 parts, if you like relaxing cinematic footage, definitely check out the last run.
- Please watch in 2k or 4k, if on desktop use Chrome instead of Safari; Safari only streams 1080p on YouTube which looks chunky... very disappointing.

If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, let me know. Cheers!
-Pete

A few weeks ago I found this incredible valley and spent 5 hours hiking around, exploring, and flying various spots.
I finally finished editing the footage and wanted to share the video with you guys.

Notes:
- The video is divided into 3 parts, if you like relaxing cinematic footage, definitely check out the last run.
- Please watch in 2k or 4k, if on desktop use Chrome instead of Safari; Safari only streams 1080p on YouTube which looks chunky... very disappointing.

-Pete
Great video! Why would you set your Hero 8 to record at 30 FPS instead of 60 FPS? There are some moments that the image stutters and I think this could be the cause🤔 (watched in 4K)
Also, as a sound engineer I would highly recommend you to mix your video's sound just a bit. Your voice was lower compared to the music!

Again, great video! These location is simply stunning😊👌

Reactions: GiantAntCowboy

Notes:

-Pete
Thanks for Sharing!!! Love your intro w/3D earth googled!

Notes:

-Pete
Awesome as always… Love your intro w/3D earth googled! And that cabin… that spells Helicopter at least for the Drone stuff, batteries,solar chargers, etc
Tried to respond earlier but had to get my glasses to weed thru all the add thingies :)

Fly safe and may the odds ever be in you favor
Steve of Kasilof

Awesome as always… Love your intro w/3D earth googled! And that cabin… that spells Helicopter at least for the Drone stuff, batteries,solar chargers, etc
Tried to respond earlier but had to get my glasses to weed thru all the add thingies :)

Steve of Kasilof
Yeah, that intro was awesome!

Great video! Why would you set your Hero 8 to record at 30 FPS instead of 60 FPS? There are some moments that the image stutters and I think this could be the cause🤔 (watched in 4K)
Also, as a sound engineer I would highly recommend you to mix your video's sound just a bit. Your voice was lower compared to the music!

Again, great video! These location is simply stunning😊👌
Hey thanks for checking out the video and providing feedback!
- I used 4k 30fps so I could film in 4k 4:3 aspect ratio for use with Reelsteady. Per usual this was a test, and actually most of the footage was horribly overexposed. The lighting this day was pretty tricky due to sharp contrasts between very dark shadows and very bright clouds… a huge pain to correct in post, and I was never happy with the colors but spent way too much time trying to fix.
- Sound, yes I agree I should have spent more time on the audio, I even meant to adjust the voice but I wasted all my energy on other editing aspects. Probably have 30+ hours into this video. Lol, ugh. Eventually I just called it done, gotta move on to the next project.

Thanks again for the feedback, critiques are always welcome. Just an amateur hobbiest who’s constantly trying to learn and improve.
Stay tuned, I’m always exploring and working on the next edit!
Cheers! -Pete

Steve of Kasilof
Hey glad to hear the Google Earth intro was appreciated. I use Google earth to do a lot of pre-flight planning and always wanted to incorporate it into the video. I think I’ll continue to do this as I document the local mountains.

Not sure what you about the helicopter(?) You mean I’ll have to fly a helicopter to get up there with all my gear? Haha

Hey thanks for checking out the video and providing feedback!
- I used 4k 30fps so I could film in 4k 4:3 aspect ratio for use with Reelsteady. Per usual this was a test, and actually most of the footage was horribly overexposed. The lighting this day was pretty tricky due to sharp contrasts between very dark shadows and very bright clouds… a huge pain to correct in post, and I was never happy with the colors but spent way too much time trying to fix.
- Sound, yes I agree I should have spent more time on the audio, I even meant to adjust the voice but I wasted all my energy on other editing aspects. Probably have 30+ hours into this video. Lol, ugh. Eventually I just called it done, gotta move on to the next project.

Thanks again for the feedback, critiques are always welcome. Just an amateur hobbiest who’s constantly trying to learn and improve.
Stay tuned, I’m always exploring and working on the next edit!
Cheers! -Pete
I am a noob FPV pilot and still have to use Reelsteady, is it limited to 4:3?🤔 I feel ya about the overexposition, I've had quite a few problems myself!
I understand about spending much time on the editing side. I have a gaming YT channel where I've spent thousands of hours editing... However, if you compressed and EQ your vox once, you can save the settings as a template and you'll never have to do it again. Just a recommendation as a sound engineer, the audio is very important in a video.

Anyways, I truly loved the video! You're doing a great job improving yourself, that's for sure. Keep up the hard work!!!💪😎

I am a noob FPV pilot and still have to use Reelsteady, is it limited to 4:3?🤔 I feel ya about the overexposition, I've had quite a few problems myself!
I understand about spending much time on the editing side. I have a gaming YT channel where I've spent thousands of hours editing... However, if you compressed and EQ your vox once, you can save the settings as a template and you'll never have to do it again. Just a recommendation as a sound engineer, the audio is very important in a video.

Anyways, I truly loved the video! You're doing a great job improving yourself, that's for sure. Keep up the hard work!!!💪😎
- If you shoot in 4:3 then process in Reelsteady it will output a 16:9 video.
- If you shoot in 16:9 then process in Reelsteady it squeezes it further into something like 2.39:1, which is still very usable but will have that letterbox look which isn't always preferred.

I have no sound engineering experience beyond playing around with EQ levels in FCPX... so I'll have to do some research. I'm using FCPX for editing, any tips on how to compress and EQ the VOX, and save settings are very welcome.

Thanks again for your feedback, great to hear compliments and also ways to improve!

- If you shoot in 4:3 then process in Reelsteady it will output a 16:9 video.
- If you shoot in 16:9 then process in Reelsteady it squeezes it further into something like 2.39:1, which is still very usable but will have that letterbox look which isn't always preferred.

I have no sound engineering experience beyond playing around with EQ levels in FCPX... so I'll have to do some research. I'm using FCPX for editing, any tips on how to compress and EQ the VOX, and save settings are very welcome.

Thanks again for your feedback, great to hear compliments and also ways to improve!
Oh, I see! I need to get Reelsteady but I'm still practicing in the simulator (there's battery shortage where I live) I can't wait to fly though!!!

For the voice, just EQ as shown in the image, then use a compressor with a 2:1 ratio as starting point (tweak it to a 3:1 ratio if you noticed that the voice needs more compression) For the compression it'll be easier for you to just check this video:

I know it can be tricky engineering sound with no experience, but remember that once you've done it, you can "always" use that template for all the other videos that you produce, so it's worth investing some time on it.

Thanks for sharing your edits man!😎

1631024112321.png

Oh, I see! I need to get Reelsteady but I'm still practicing in the simulator (there's battery shortage where I live) I can't wait to fly though!!!

Many thanks for the reference video and diagram, I’ll certainly be looking into this, especially because I have a few DIY/informational videos currently in the works.

Regarding batteries, where do you live?

Many thanks for the reference video and diagram, I’ll certainly be looking into this, especially because I have a few DIY/informational videos currently in the works.

Regarding batteries, where do you live?
Glad to help! I live in Spain and there's been a shortage for a few weeks and the prices went up. I am in no rush and I am also trying to build the cinewhoop as cheap as possible, as I alreayd own a DJI Mini 2 and a Parrot Anafi😎

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya