Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Italian Fpv pilot

xander90

Reaction score
Hello fellow pilots!

Just wanted to check in and say hi, I'm Italian and I've been piloting drones for quite some time, but I'm new to Fpv. A friend of mine introduced me to Fpv some time ago and I watched him as he was soldering my first drone. After many months of work due to covid it was finally time for my maiden flight, which went horribly wrong. XD
Started well, in a matter of secs lost control and vtx on my goggles, the screen was pitch black. Spent 7 hours walking in the area of the crash, looked for the 5" quad everywhere, in woods, bushes, river beds, on trees...thought I lost it. Two months later I got a phone call from an unknown number: it was this guy living in the area who found my quad. Went back there to get it, and surprise, after 2 months under rain and snow, the only damage where a prop and the gopro mount which was half destroyed. Checked that all the other parts where ok and went to a field in a much easier location with my building-quad-friend and his girlfriend and this time it all went well, started gaining confidence with the quad and was ******* amazing! It all went well except for the fact that I got a punctured tyre and I didn't realize until it was evening and time to leave, but this is another story. lol
I'm here to learn a lot, help when I can and share my flights as soon as I dare to mount a gopro on.
Below there's my current build, I'm going to start assembling my second one very soon.

Attachments

• IMG_6698.jpg
    IMG_6698.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy story but sadly not that uncommon. Very happy to hear you got your quad back. I don't expect your battery survived that long ordeal, but glad everything else worked out. This is a good opportunity to remind new pilots to always set and test your failsafe before flying any new quad. Keep a close eye on your location and heading when flying and be prepared to disarm immediately in this type of situation if safe to do so. Maintaining location and heading awareness is key to safely disarm and find your quad.

You sir are one of the lucky ones. I've heard alot of people tell me over the years they lost a quad forever in this type of situation. Count your blessings and welcome to the forum!

Crazy story but sadly not that uncommon. Very happy to hear you got your quad back. I don't expect your battery survived that long ordeal, but glad everything else worked out. This is a good opportunity to remind new pilots to always set and test your failsafe before flying any new quad. Keep a close eye on your location and heading when flying and be prepared to disarm immediately in this type of situation if safe to do so. Maintaining location and heading awareness is key to safely disarm and find your quad.

You sir are one of the lucky ones. I've heard alot of people tell me over the years they lost a quad forever in this type of situation. Count your blessings and welcome to the forum!
You are right, the battery was the first thing that I disposed, also because it was a little bit swollen. On my first try there where some technical errors but also my lack of experience played a huge role in the result, because once I lost sense of direction and lost the video signal I wasn't capable of reacting properly to this kind of (new) situation. Now my practice field is a place in a not so "difficult" area, I'm going to start recording the flight on my goggles every time I arm the drone. Given the huge scare, I am waaay more cautious in everything I do.

Hello fellow pilots!

Just wanted to check in and say hi, I'm Italian and I've been piloting drones for quite some time, but I'm new to Fpv. A friend of mine introduced me to Fpv some time ago and I watched him as he was soldering my first drone. After many months of work due to covid it was finally time for my maiden flight, which went horribly wrong. XD
Started well, in a matter of secs lost control and vtx on my goggles, the screen was pitch black. Spent 7 hours walking in the area of the crash, looked for the 5" quad everywhere, in woods, bushes, river beds, on trees...thought I lost it. Two months later I got a phone call from an unknown number: it was this guy living in the area who found my quad. Went back there to get it, and surprise, after 2 months under rain and snow, the only damage where a prop and the gopro mount which was half destroyed. Checked that all the other parts where ok and went to a field in a much easier location with my building-quad-friend and his girlfriend and this time it all went well, started gaining confidence with the quad and was ******* amazing! It all went well except for the fact that I got a punctured tyre and I didn't realize until it was evening and time to leave, but this is another story. lol
I'm here to learn a lot, help when I can and share my flights as soon as I dare to mount a gopro on.
Below there's my current build, I'm going to start assembling my second one very soon.
Hello!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax