Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Just getting started

Canikman9

Reaction score
Let me begin with I have no experience with drones. I have been watching videos of fpv drones for a while and I would like to give it a shot. Problem is I don’t have a ton of money to throw into it right now so I have been looking at the betafpv Cetus pro as an rtf kit to get me started. While doing more research I stumbled on the emax tinny hawk III. I have found mixed reviews about the 2 all over the internet. I want to stay close to $200 but if I’m going to regret it I would rather save up for something that will help me start better. A couple things that still have me wanting the Cetus is the 3 different flight modes, low cost, and that it’s easy to hook up to a simulator. I am also open to any other options. I have done minor building on RC car platforms before but I’m not sure I’m quite ready for drone building yet. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Let me jump in here a few months late. I have the Cetus X at closer to $300. It is OK, but the 3-5 minutes are a bit frustrating. It took me probably about 15 hours of Sim time to get comfortable. I hear the Cetus and Pro are more for indoors. My X is a handful indoors, but in wide open spaces it is not bad. Especially for the size and price. Hard to say if you have a budget limit. Fun always has a price.

I pulled the trigger right before you posted this haha. I saved up and got the geprc tiny go. I know it takes a little more work to get it hooked up to a sim but I think the better quad will be worth it. It claims a longer flight time since it’s uses 2 batteries but I guess I will find out. I also want to be able to share video with my friends and the on board dvr in 4k will be nice. Thanks for the feedback though! I will provide an update on what I think of the kit once I get it and have some time to fly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obistevekenobi