Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Just gonna suck it up...

rktman

Reaction score
...and start with drone-only. I can afford that NOW, already have a Motion Controller, so I'll just have to wait for the new goggles to become available standalone.

I think I can do that šŸ˜±

And after a recent post by @Kilrah, I may not bother with the goggles. I'm very happy with the goggles V2, don't really care about head tracking (with FPV-style aircraft).

Looks like my best option is drone plus fly more.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Sweet. Might as well print it now, while I wait for shipping...

Reactions: DadCorso80
And after a recent post by @Kilrah, I may not bother with the goggles. I'm very happy with the goggles V2, don't really care about head tracking (with FPV-style aircraft).

Looks like my best option is drone plus fly more.
I saw something that suggested that head tracking is available in the Goggles V2 when used with the Motion Controller.

Reactions: Texas Red
Nope, the V2 don't have an IMU built-in.
Well, it surprised me, and I may have misunderstood what I saw.

I'm pretty sure I saw it in one of the DJI Avata training vids. But it might have been something in a 3rd party vid about the Motion Controller. I'll keep my eyes open for it, in case I see it again.

I'm seriously looking forward to the Motion Controller, and the head-tracking feature in particular. I can't count how many times, while flying my DJI FPV, that I tried to look to one side or the other by turning my head which, obviously, didn't make any difference...

Thx

Reactions: Texas Red
If I understand how the HT is implemented, I would avoid it when tearing around at high speed, especially over forest/trees, and far from the pilot.

Unless you're moving relatively slowly, or are way above everything, not looking in your direction of travel can be... hazardous.

It's hard to hold altitude with the MC if the target reticle isn't in your FOV.

If I understand how the HT is implemented, I would avoid it when tearing around at high speed, especially over forest/trees, and far from the pilot.

Unless you're moving relatively slowly, or are way above everything, not looking in your direction of travel can be... hazardous.

It's hard to hold altitude with the MC if the target reticle isn't in your FOV.
I'll train myself on it slowly and incrementally, like I always do with new stuff.

But I expect it to be a blast!

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax