Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Latency

coyote_dc5

Reaction score
I've used D8 for sometime now and enjoyed almost zero latency. I then switched to D16 and really noticed a difference. I'm now on my journey to Crossfire and have a decision to make ref the inverter mod in my QX7 or not. I've read latency essentially is quadrupled if you don't do it but I'm trying to compare to Frsky so I can make the decision to do it or not.

Is this chart below pretty close to accurate?

D8 10ms
D16 20ms
CRSF 4ms 250Hz 400k Baud (QX7 with inverter mod)
CRSF 16ms 50Hz 115k (stock QX7)

I've also read the latency changes; inverter or not, will only affect the upstream TX for telem only and not the RX for control in which case I probably won't bother doing it. I will know soon enough anyway once I've wired things up and tried it and can feed back :)

Last edited:
I've used D8 for sometime now and enjoyed almost zero latency. I then switched to D16 and really noticed a difference. I'm now on my journey to Crossfire and have a decision to make ref the inverter mod in my QX7 or not. I've read latency essentially is quadrupled if you don't do it but I'm trying to compare to Frsky so I can make the decision to do it or not.

Is this chart below pretty close to accurate?

D8 10ms
D16 20ms
CRSF 4ms 250Hz 400k Baud (QX7 with inverter mod)
CRSF 16ms 50Hz 115k (stock QX7)

I've also read the latency changes; inverter or not, will only affect the upstream TX for telem only and not the RX for control in which case I probably won't bother doing it. I will know soon enough anyway once I've wired things up and tried it and can feed back :)
I just did the chip mod on my older QX7S to give me the increased baud rate although I have read that other people have not and have managed just fine. With latency, my brain just seems to get used to it. With the switch to crossfire, there is a noticeable improvement, whether it is in my head or not, the quads are much more responsive and chilled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax