Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Looking for Replacement 3" Ducts

needelmanDP

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 4.44.46 PM.png
I'm looking for replacement ducts for this build. It's my first FPV drone, I've been flying DJI for years, and before I got it setup properly, I crashed it a few times and cracked a duct. I've since been crashing safely on Liftoff. The ducts are available through Banggood, but I'm looking for something in the US. They are built as a pair, so 2 ducts per side. Any help would be appreciated. I just took it out today and flew it successfully, No crashes! Now I need to get some FPV goggles that will fit over my glasses. I'm not interested in buying diopter lenses. Any advice is appreciated!

Welcome to the forum @needelmanDP! I took a look around and can't find duct sets anywhere here in the US, the closest I can find is the whole kit on EBay for almost $50, I really think your only hope of finding them is through BG. As far as goggles go that will fit over glasses, you will be limited to "box" style but there are many that will work, and there is a kind called FXT Vipers that many of the glasses wearers say are good.

@needelmanDP

If the ducts are just cracked, you can repair them easily with E9000 or GOOP, both of which should be available at most hardware stores or Amazon. I used to 3d print new ducts every time I damaged one, but it still takes time to replace so now I glue it back up with one of these flexible glues and wait till the are really bad before replacing. Make sure you get glue between the pieces in the crack, then wipe of the oozing part with your finger leaving a thin layer on the inside of the duct. You can add a little extra on the outside where it won't interfere for additional strength. This method had work great for me and I spend more time flying and less time disassembling / repairing as it only takes a minute to glue up then wait a few hours for it to setup. I usually wait overnight, but it sets up fairly quick. This stuff remains flexible so you don't have to use a ton of it. I've used this stuff from small crack to reattaching pieces that were torn right off with great success.

Attachments

• IMG_1510.JPG
    IMG_1510.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1511.JPG
    IMG_1511.JPG
    943.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: HighTechPauper
I find E6000, Shoe Goo, or my personal favorite, Welder, is the best for gluing and extending the life of things like this, I even reinforce some things when new to make them sturdier, like with my Whoop frames.

Thanks for the replies. There is a 3D printable from Thingverse, then I'd have to buy a 3D printer. I may just order the whole kit from BG $7 more than buying 2 set of ducts. In the mean time I'll glue...it's not that bad, but I was trying to stay ahead of things. I hopefully won't be crashing too much any more, I'm doing all my crashing on Liftoff. I did buy the Viper box goggles, they are very nice!

@needelmanDP

If the ducts are just cracked, you can repair them easily with E9000 or GOOP, both of which should be available at most hardware stores or Amazon. I used to 3d print new ducts every time I damaged one, but it still takes time to replace so now I glue it back up with one of these flexible glues and wait till the are really bad before replacing. Make sure you get glue between the pieces in the crack, then wipe of the oozing part with your finger leaving a thin layer on the inside of the duct. You can add a little extra on the outside where it won't interfere for additional strength. This method had work great for me and I spend more time flying and less time disassembling / repairing as it only takes a minute to glue up then wait a few hours for it to setup. I usually wait overnight, but it sets up fairly quick. This stuff remains flexible so you don't have to use a ton of it. I've used this stuff from small crack to reattaching pieces that were torn right off with great success.
I need to purchase some more props. I'm using the HQ 75mm Cinewoop props. I've read that the Gemfan D76 is better, but it's 76mm with a slightly different hub. Can I trim them if they rub the ducts?

Yes definitely. For maximum thrust, your props should be a close to the ducts as possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput