Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

May no longer need to register your quad with the FAA

Just received an email from the AMA. You are correct as of today you NO longer need to register with the FAA if you fly a drone that met their previous rules/requirements.

I'm not sure what else it means other than exactly that. You no longer need to register if you are a hobbyist or plan to use a drone for hobby purposes. If you read the "ruling" itself its geared toward the hobbyist. So I don't think its going to change or affect those that want to do "paid work" OR altitude limits or any of the other rules...

The AMA goes on to say, its a very fluid situation and can change rapidly....

You ain't and it's not over till the fat lady sings and I haven't heard a note yet . At anyrate they already have our info .
And let me say you guys did good only having 1 thread on this .
I know in Mavic and PhantomPilots there have been over 30 threads
on this started .
So kudo's to all of ya :)

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Guy's this went off topic fast..
IMG_8915.GIF Lets stay on topic please . Thanks

Reactions: theGreenOrange
(Yeah, I've been pretty bad about that too, I'm in.)

Back on topic. We all kind of knew this would happen. Once they started to realize how many people would register they would have to either jack the fees for registering, make you register every bird and turn this into a huge bureaucratic revenue generator or bag out of it and just go after the income producers.

Jerry

Reactions: theGreenOrange
on yt, i see lots of (mostly camera drone) pilots flying over neighborhoods and such and complaining when a neighbor or someone shoots or throws rocks at their quad. these guys are the ones imo that are gonna keep giving pilots a bad rep. dont fly over inhabited areas
btw, really glad the old crow in this vid had to pay........lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Ro100proof
It was a hopeless endeavour in any case with the way they were doing it. Those who wish to do wrong with drones will simply assemble their own and not register.

Were they thinking people would register their drones before turning "bad", and then forget to take their stickers off? It is a joke of a system.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
It was a hopeless endeavour in any case with the way they were doing it. Those who wish to do wrong with drones will simply assemble their own and not register.

Were they thinking people would register their drones before turning "bad", and then forget to take their stickers off? It is a joke of a system.
i assume the registration is for the drone that falls out of the sky onto someones property damaging it. they know who to confront.
i myself have had 3 crashes that caught fire, if it had happened in the wrong spot.....
whos going to round up all these darn unregistered birds flying around crapping on my windshield?..........lol

Last edited:
I'm in to ...i have never been on a forum before...i will try.
I saw something on YouTube about no longer needing to register. (How to i unregistered? )LOL good stuff.

P.s. Great bird green

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
az.lonewolf81