Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Motion Controller FTW! Full-size aircraft pilots, you gotta get one!

I flew mine for the first time last weekend. It is a remarkable way to fly ... I want one for my RC airplanes. My spotter and I were both amazed at the technology. Would I give up the joysticks for it? Nope. But it's a great alternative and I am looking forward to getting better at using it.

The control box at the bottom of the goggle screen is super-helpful. But pointing the circle at the flight target and having the aircraft track to it? That is slick as hell.

I only flew in Normal Mode, so my feeling that it was not as responsive as I would like may be a function of Normal Mode more than a limitation of the device. I would have flown it again and experimented with Sport Mode but the two German shepherds in their travel crates in the back of my truck and under the cap were absolutely livid that I was flying without their being able to chase the aircraft. Normally, I let them run after it and then land it on the roof or hood of the truck, but given that this was a first flight with the MC, I couldn't risk slicing off dog parts. Good thing that they either have short memories or love me unconditionally.

Given that this is a 1st Gen product, it's only going to get better. Again, I'll never give up the joysticks, but I really like this option and am looking forward to using it again next weekend.

Sport mode. You will be thrilled all over again, but much more. watch this, especially the last part over the water

So what did you do that cant be done with sticks?

And your spotter could see the drone the whole time? Great eyes man!!?

Nothing but just way more fun! For me it’s completely changed my drone flying experiences. I rarely use the sticks anymore. I just wish I had more battery! For me it’s exactly what I was looking for one when I wanted to start a drone flying.

Nothing but just way more fun! For me it’s completely changed my drone flying experiences. I rarely use the sticks anymore. I just wish I had more battery! For me it’s exactly what I was looking for one when I wanted to start a drone flying.
Same here, I flew one batt. with mc and then one with rc on the same location and I find it hard to replicate the same fotage with the rc. Especially ascending and descending with rc and keepng the poi center frame. The mc is my go to controller nowdays.
...to buy more batteries or not to buy more batteries, thats the Q...
Ordered these, not ideal for hiking, but car based full day flying is more what I do, I have 3 fpv packs. Even saw them for sale through dji store Stockholm.

Last edited:
Reactions: FPV Flier
Same here, I flew one batt. with mc and then one with rc on the same location and I find it hard to replicate the same fotage with the rc. Especially ascending and descending with rc and keepng the poi center frame. The mc is my go to controller nowdays.
Ordered these, not ideal for hiking, but car based full day flying is more what I do, I have 3 fpv packs. Even saw them for sale through dji store Stockholm.

With the style flying that you do....how many minutes do you get per battery?

same here, to buy more batteries or not. I currently have three as well but I could easily play with six when I go out. I currently just use my vehicle as the generator to charge up the batteries. I’m going to hold out for a little bit and maybe they’ll be some better batteries in the future.

Reactions: CrocMonster
IMG_20210703_122704.jpg
Got the thingy...of course the solar blanket is very unessesary, thats just me ??
The small box with the highest capasity of the EcoFlow's is 720Wh and the fvp batt is 44.4Wh, so when I get the chance I'll se how many re-charges I get out of the EF.
Got 2 long weeks until summer vaccation ???

Reactions: FPV Flier and Haggi
You should get quite a few charges. The bigger question is how long will it take to charge. I think you’re still gonna be waiting on
e hour to charge a battery

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agevorgi