Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Motor rpm

esteamed

Reaction score
I just finished my first build and when I arm the motors they spin smoothly and at what I feel is a nice rate. If I fly it and return the throttle to its lowest position again the motor does not seem to idle as it did when it was first armed. I tried wiggling the throttle to see if that would make a difference and it doesn't. Is this normal?

Video starts with armed speed, then I play with the throttle at 11 sec slightly, at 15 sec I go a bit further with the throttle, at this point the throttle speed does not settle down to the previous slower rate, I then play with the throttle to see if it is stuck. at 31 seconds I am not touching the throttle and it seems to be settled but at a much higher throttle speed. I then turn it off and rearm and it is back to its slower armed speed.

Not sure if you’ve adjusted your transmitter end points, I always do that after a build before my first flight. They are always way out.

The link is for a Taranis Tx but the process is generally the same for most controllers out there.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Looks like a self leveling mode and Air Mode, completely normal. When you as the quad to start to take off it sets up a scenario where the quad did not achieve the orientation you asked for, then the FC tries to spin up the motors to get the quad to move into that orientation. If you want to test it, put the quad in Acro flight mode and disable Air Mode, then test again.

Reactions: mrmund and tevek

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz