Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Mounting Receiver Antennas - Doubled zip-ties?

Frisbee

Reaction score
I've had my receiver antenna mounted with single zip-ties, which I've found are very brittle and snap easily, which resulted in the ends of my antenna getting chopped off. For the time being, I've doubled-up on the zip-ties, in the hope that if one breaks, the other will keep the antenna out of the propellers' path. (I'm also having difficulty getting they to stay splayed out at 90 degrees.

Is less brittle brand of zip-tie, or a better way to mount these?

013.JPG

On a related note, I'm guessing this receiver is toast? I lost the heatshrink at the ends and one of the white antenna ends, but it was still flying fine for maybe a dozen sessions. Then I lost the other white end, and it could still fly just fine... up until it would go into failsafe mode and drop the ground when I would go around small obstacles. I've replaced it, but just wondering if I could replace just the wire at the ends?

011-jpg.4285
1589879586624.png

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
Looks like a wizard. You can run your antennas like the photo below to firstly avoid physical interference from your battery and avoid prop strike. As for your flysky receiver, thinking you may be up for another unit. Your antennas are tuned and the tips are gone, it may work but D8C0C655-54C9-4704-A310-115ACABDC9E8.jpegmaybe change them out.They need ideally to be 90 degrees to each other and they are less likely to be blocked by the battery to give their best performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wayno52
Hi Frisbee, I think your antenna set up on that pic could be well and truly improved on. Too much risk where they are. I would zip tie them off your front arms facing towards the rear of the quad.
They look heavy so may need a reasonable zip tie with heat shrink.

Yeah , all good bro. A bit bored but could be worse so I ain't gonna complain too much.
You home or away?
About to head off again, had to bypass the thermostat on the HWS to sort out the hot water, put in a new cistern for the dunny and lit 24 fires to clear the block of leaves.

Reactions: Wayno52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232