Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

My Findings

Fast and Curious

Reaction score
I smoked a Xing-e-pro 2207 1800kv motor on my 5inch and since I haven't been in this hobby for too long I am not full of spare parts.

While I wait for 2 to arrive in the post I thought I might try put an old weaker motor I wasn't using on the quad. This is sketchy as the motor is a Readytosky 2204 2300kv. aka, no-name small motor with the cheapest magnets, windings, etc.

I wired it up and took it for a test flight and surprisingly it went well. The quad wasn't too much slower once I ran that motor with a larger prop on 100%. I have done multiple flights and although it is hot enough for me to burn myself on and maybe solder with. Yes, 2300kv 6s. It works I guess.

If you do this your motor is at risk. Excercise extreme caution when doing this. I knew the motor would be warm yet I just burned myself on it.

Tip for finding a quad or anything else lost in a field, get the run keeper app, press start, press the settings icon in the bottom right, scroll down to satellite map, turn on satellite map, swip to the side and you will see a satellite view of where you are. Once you start walking around it will draw a line where you have been.

What it does, it shows you what areas you missed and where you are looking. For me it helped more by showing I was looking too far up the field

Tip for finding a quad or anything else lost in a field, get the run keeper app, press start, press the settings icon in the bottom right, scroll down to satellite map, turn on satellite map, swip to the side and you will see a satellite view of where you are. Once you start walking around it will draw a line where you have been.

What it does, it shows you what areas you missed and where you are looking. For me it helped more by showing I was looking too far up the field
I love your handle man

Reactions: Fast and Curious

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya