Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

My first drone

blubaron66

Reaction score
Wanted to share a picture of this drone package put together by catalystmachineworks.....I just purchased this set up, it came with fatshark goggles, charger, batteries, transmitter etc........ haven't flown it yet but excited to do so.....
If someone could help me out with a question, it looks like the motors have an arrow showing the rotation when powered up, and the props have a leading edge on opposite sides...could someone clarify which prop to use in relation to the motors rotation?
IMG_0629.JPG
IMG_0630.JPG
IMG_5776.JPG
IMG_5777.JPG

Reactions: Jtrjr
The front left and back right motors get counter clockwise (ccw) or reversed props and the other two get normal clockwise props (cw). There will be numbers on the props that indicate the size, pitch, and rotation.

Example 5045r or 5x4.5r
That would be a counterclockwise rotation prop

If there are no letters indicating rotation you want the low side of the prop facing the rotation the motor turns.

Front right motor turns clockwise so you want low side of prop facing out.

Last edited:
Nice looking bird! The easiest way to remember prop arrangement is that the front props should both spin in towards the nose, and the back props should both spin in towards the tail. When spinning this direction, choose the props so the blades force the air down. Oh, and the writing on the props faces up.

Sweet looking drone! How much did it run you for the whole kit? If you don't mind me asking. I'm looking for a first time racing drone, not sure if I want to build or just get a RTF kit.

I am on the same boat. Used to fly airplanes many years ago.

What made you decide to get this one? $? I was thinking about getting the Vortex 250 Pro, by the recommendation of a Local Store. They guys seem to like it. They said it is a very tough drone and great for a beginner since the crashes are unavoidable.

I like the idea of getting a RTF, but also want to learn the basic principles. So very hard to pick a starting point.

Vortex is OK but a bit heavy. If you are going to spend that much, have a look at the QAV-R and Alien at droneproz.com. Also on the Vortex, it doesn't really look like the camera tilts? You need it to point up a bit so you aren't always looking at the ground.

Vortex is OK but a bit heavy. If you are going to spend that much, have a look at the QAV-R and Alien at droneproz.com. Also on the Vortex, it doesn't really look like the camera tilts? You need it to point up a bit so you aren't always looking at the ground.

No it has way more tilt than you can even fly with. Probably my fav quad and keeps right up with my built Martian.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax