Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

My new setup is on its way ;)!!

broncosdad1317

Reaction score
hey I thought I'd share my new set up with you guys!! It's in the mail on its way here. Sooooo excited. I got the Arris X220 pro v2 with the Taranis Qx7. The specs and pics are included in the post as well. :) lmk what ya think. Constructive criticism is taken :). Lmk if you've had it and it sucked or what was wrong with it and can be updated or built better. She comes with a runcam swift 2. Emax 2206 2400kv also 40a esc. Specs in pictures. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1318.PNG
    IMG_1318.PNG
    302.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1320.PNG
    IMG_1320.PNG
    155.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1321.PNG
    IMG_1321.PNG
    507.9 KB · Views: 7
Looks cool. Was this the replacement for the returned quad that was in chinese post office limbo? I forget who was at the mercy of the chinese post...
Yes this setup is what I sent my other setup back for. My original wasn't as responsive as this one nor was the camera as good as well as better amped ESC is better branded motors and my radio link AT9S was definitely nothing like I wanted and that's why I got the QX7 instead but ultimately because the hardware on my original x220s v2 was terrible. Stripping and had a broken screw head I would have had to extract if I ever wanted to work on the stack so I figured if I was sending it back to get the **** fixed and might as well just upgrade everything so I'll be happier

Yes this setup is what I sent my other setup back for. My original wasn't as responsive as this one nor was the camera as good as well as better amped ESC is better branded motors and my radio link AT9S was definitely nothing like I wanted and that's why I got the QX7 instead but ultimately because the hardware on my original x220s v2 was terrible. Stripping and had a broken screw head I would have had to extract if I ever wanted to work on the stack so I figured if I was sending it back to get the **** fixed and might as well just upgrade everything so I'll be happier
Isn't this like the third send back for you? You'll like the x220 v2 though stable and strong. Shame you got rid of the at9s though. Tartans didn't have as much "punching power" through obsticals like trees and walls plus the failsafe range is shorter (sent you a video not too long ago). Can't wait to see footage once you're back up!

Yeah that sucks the AT9S didn't work out for you. I have been flying 5 quads with mine for 18 months with tiny non-diversity R6DSM micro receivers and have never had a dropout. I have never even read into how to get RSSI warnings going or anything, just haven't needed it. But taranis is good too.

Yeah that sucks the AT9S didn't work out for you. I have been flying 5 quads with mine for 18 months with tiny non-diversity R6DSM micro receivers and have never had a dropout. I have never even read into how to get RSSI warnings going or anything, just haven't needed it. But taranis is good too.
Agreed, that little r6dsm is amazing and so tiny

Isn't this like the third send back for you? You'll like the x220 v2 though stable and strong. Shame you got rid of the at9s though. Tartans didn't have as much "punching power" through obsticals like trees and walls plus the failsafe range is shorter (sent you a video not too long ago). Can't wait to see footage once you're back up!
No this is the one and only send back for me for my quad and controller. I didn't like that the at9s wouldn't hook up to my computer or tablet and work on my sim. I think it may have been faulty idk but I like the taranis better and preferred it over radiolink especially for the sim problem. I did have a drop out at about 600 feet and about 400 feet out. Fell straight out of he sky and luckily landed in a tall tree. Spent an hour climbing it and getting to out.

No this is the one and only send back for me for my quad and controller. I didn't like that the at9s wouldn't hook up to my computer or tablet and work on my sim. I think it may have been faulty idk but I like the taranis better and preferred it over radiolink especially for the sim problem. I did have a drop out at about 600 feet and about 400 feet out. Fell straight out of he sky and luckily landed in a tall tree. Spent an hour climbing it and getting to out.

In the short....hopefully it makes you happy.
I would suggest you start venturing into repairing/building your own...it will save you money plus the cool factor of ripping the sky with something you built or repaired...but most of all....enjoy it!

In the short....hopefully it makes you happy.
I would suggest you start venturing into repairing/building your own...it will save you money plus the cool factor of ripping the sky with something you built or repaired...but most of all....enjoy it!
Most deff I had this talk with my fiancé last night and will be building. All quads from here on it

Ah well I’m grounded again atm. My inexperience showed really bad when I calibrated esc’s on my brushless whoop running oneshot and worked perfectly.
Then for some stupid reason I tried to calibrate my Tyrant s running dshot 600. I later found out through a dear friend that d stands for digital and there for does not need to be calibrated.
So now on the eve of a long weekend I have no bird.
But hey **** happens and I live and learn.
How long till you are airborne bro?

Ah well I’m grounded again atm. My inexperience showed really bad when I calibrated esc’s on my brushless whoop running oneshot and worked perfectly.
Then for some stupid reason I tried to calibrate my Tyrant s running dshot 600. I later found out through a dear friend that d stands for digital and there for does not need to be calibrated.
So now on the eve of a long weekend I have no bird.
But hey **** happens and I live and learn.
How long till you are airborne bro?
Dang man sorry to hear . Yeah man ya live and ya learn. As well as now I know so that experience saved others ;). Hopefully your rippin packs soon my friend. I'm about a week and a half away from being back in the air man. So stoked. Been too long :(

hey I thought I'd share my new set up with you guys!! It's in the mail on its way here. Sooooo excited. I got the Arris X220 pro v2 with the Taranis Qx7. The specs and pics are included in the post as well. :) lmk what ya think. Constructive criticism is taken :). Lmk if you've had it and it sucked or what was wrong with it and can be updated or built better. She comes with a runcam swift 2. Emax 2206 2400kv also 40a esc. Specs in pictures. :)
Hey
I just received my x220
I see it didn’t really come with anything like a user manual
I see when it’s powered up and sitting it beeps. Does yours do this or do you know what the beeps mean?It was dark out so all I was able to do was a quick hover
TIA

Mine was set up on betaflight for the beeper section in the configuration tab. It was set to beep on everything lol so I shut off all settings for beeper except for when the quad loses connection to the tx(controller) Ive completely rebuilt mine by now :) all that’s left are the motors and fov camera :)

Reactions: Stoked4 and Wayno52
Mine was set up on betaflight for the beeper section in the configuration tab. It was set to beep on everything lol so I shut off all settings for beeper except for when the quad loses connection to the tx(controller) Ive completely rebuilt mine by now :) all that’s left are the motors and fov camera :)

I just downloaded beta flight
Will plug the quad in and see how I do tomorrow

Reactions: Wayno52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18