Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Need help setting up drone

That seems correct, but check with the meter CAREFULLY with a battery plugged in to see that those 2 pads where the small red and black go on the ESC that it has 5v across them to make sure it is correct. If it has 5v across them then just resolver the black wire back into the FC and see if that does the trick. Be very careful that the loose end of the black wire doesn’t touch anything while you are testing for 5v out of the ESC.

When I measure the voltage between the black and the red wire on the ESC I get a voltage of around 17. But that could be right, because that's what is coming out of the battery

And also, do you think I'm able to solder the wire? I haven't really got a lot of experience soldering.

When I measure the voltage between the black and the red wire on the ESC I get a voltage of around 17. But that could be right, because that's what is coming out of the battery
I would be very careful here, that is NOT 5v so that would mean that the FC MUST HAVE a 5v regulator built in or you will fry the FC. Let me do some research and get back to you.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
It looks like you do need to put the black wire back where it was, there is a 5v regulator on the FC, try watching this to give you an idea of what your looking for.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
Ok, so I soldered the black wire to the FC and it worked, because the receiver works. But when I measure the voltage on the FC between these two pins, I'm getting 0 volts.
1588163711848.png

So the small black wire you resoldered went to where the yellow highlight is?
And between the blue X and the yellow highlight are you reading battery voltage?
Also check for voltage between the blue X and the blue circled pads, do you have battery voltage there?
Because the blue circled pads were shorted in a previous picture it should put that same voltage on your red circled pads.
Check that and see what you have.

1588180204205.png

So the small black wire you resoldered went to where the yellow highlight is?: Yes
And between the blue X and the yellow highlight are you reading battery voltage?: Yes, around 16V
Also check for voltage between the blue X and the blue circled pads, do you have battery voltage there?: No

But I do have a voltage of around 17V between the yellow highlight and the blue pads

Sorry, I said the wrong thing for one of those...
Check for voltage between the yellow highlight (Gnd pad, put your black meter lead there) and the blue circles (red meter lead here) and then check the yellow pad (black lead) and the 2 RAM pads (red lead) where the cam and vtx get wired to.

Since you have battery voltage at the blue circles to the yellow Gnd, you should also have battery voltage between the yellow and RAM pads since they should be shorted to the battery at the blue circles. It seems like even though you have battery at the one spot, it shoud also show up at the RAM pads since they are shorted at the blue circles. I hope this makes sense.

1588187392714.png
Between yellow and red: no voltage
Between green and red: 16v
between blue and yellow: 16v
between blue and green: no voltage

That basically makes sense, but...
It appears there is no connection between AGND and GND, usually AGND stands for Analog Ground (as opposed to digital ground) and I don't see any way to short them like on the blue circled area above in the diagram of the FC.

Do you know how to use the Ohmmeter function and what you expect for an open and shorted? Let me know and I will give you a few things to "ohm out".

Where are you located in the world? This may go quicker if we could talk. Let me know where you are and I will PM you with how we can get together on the phone and walk through a few things to get this figured out. I also want to read up a bit more on this FC and the Gnd/AGnd so I have a better idea of what to expect.

I have a ohm meter on my multimeter. Tomorrow I will figure out how it works.

I live in the Netherlands and I'm guessing you're from the usa? Anyways I think we could Skype or something that would be an enormous help I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax