Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Need Help with Throttle Limit strange behavior

Diver

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new in the hobby . I have recently bought an iFlight Titan DC5 6s and I find that it was to powerful for me.
I decide to reduce the throttle power using betaflight from pid tuning. So I chose the first profile to have Motor Output Limit 50%
In Acro mode it looks that it is working as expected .
But if I change to Angle mode , the behavior of the throttle is strange.
The most frightening thing is that when you reduce the throttle all the way down , the motors keeps spinning very fast.
I took a short video with this behavior .

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong ?

Think so, not completely sure what the issue is. Does it fly? I thought there was an issue with my quad where in angle mode it would slowly spin up the motors to a certain point, also I thought that the endpoints on the motors were wrong because some were starting before others. All that was actually happening is it was levelling itself as it was not flat on the ground and flew fine.

Reactions: Diver
Yes, I had two test flights on Sunday . The first one was a small disaster . Two damaged propellers and a lot of dust . I was at the wrong place for first flight .I was standing up and felt dizzy with the goggles . Big mistake

After half an hour I found a field . This time I was siting in the car and things went much better . But the first failed flight make me avoid acro mode . Both flights were at angle mode .

I know everyone says this and I too once used angle mode but you MUST absolutely definitely use acro. After not long you will be just as good on acro as you were in angle. None of the fpv freestyle videos are in angle mode, you are doing yourself a favour by switching, you can keep angle on a switch which might be useful for the first while.

Last edited:
I don’t like to fly in angle mode . The plan was to get familiar with throttle management and after that switch mid air to acro .
I really didn't expect to feel so much disoriented and confused from the goggles . My laptop's screen was really comfortable when I was training on the simulator. ? Let's hope that my brain will soon fix that gap.
But I think it’s good to have angle mode in working condition , even if you’ll not use it often.
As you said , it might be ok on the air . Hope you’re right.

It never means anything to check without props.

Throttle limit will affect how your throttle input behaves i.e. the total power given to all motors, the stabilization is still able to give full power to a given motor if it needs to and it will if there are no props and its actions do nothing.

Yeah but you're not letting it fly, same thing.

In angle mode with stick centered it wants to be at a certain angle. It's not because the ground blocks it, so it keeps adding more and more power to the appropriate motors to try to get where it wants. That's called integral wind-up.

You do NOT want to stay on the ground with motors running for an extended time in angle mode. If you leave it the way you do on the ground with some power for a while it'll just end up flipping itself with massive power, and it's perfectly normal.

I played with this all night until 4am once... Frustrated with the issue, I went to bed... Got up the next morning and just for the hell of it, I took it outside and it flew just fine.

Evidently it does this on the bench. Once you get past a certain throttle point, it keeps climbing until you disarm. It is something between airmode, the accelerometer and it trying to level itself out...

So basically, take it outside for a quick test!!!

Reactions: Diver
Yesterday I went to the field and throttle was worked fine . I had some other problems that I'll post in another thread . Thanks every one for your time

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput