Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New Firmware update!

Of course they lard it up to the max with all sorts of feature goodies to make it nearly impossible to pass it up. 🤬🤬🤬
I was telling my wife just this haha. Super packed update with a caveat. I'll eventually update when I get a long a$$ USB type c cable but for now flying the old firmware.

I've ordered two 2m and one 3m of these super flexible silicone jacketed cables. They're similar to noodle wire which anyone that has home-built an FPV drone is likely familiar with.

BoostCharge Pro Flex USB-C to USB-C Cable

Screenshot_20221210_092116_Chrome.jpg

The new camera features are just too juicy to pass up. While the vast majority of my Avata flight are tearing around for fun, I am starting to do some CINE missions with my cinewhoop.

Which brings me to my first serious complaint about the Avata: Low light performance. It's rather noisy and quite bad. Hoping I can improve it with the new camera controls.

Why the ache eee ell ell didn't they put the M3P sensor on the Avata? The characteristics of the two aircraft are so different I don't think there's a problem of overlap in the market and risk of cannibalizing M3P sales...

Reactions: Rune
Who wants to buy my brand new Avata with a fly-more kit and hardcase? Deal of the century.

I'll make this point: One could go to homebuilt to avoid this, but even then the RID requirement is still there. Therefore, if you plan to follow the rules, the Avata sure is a lot easier to comply.

I'm hoping to get one for Christmas....dumb question do you have to upgrade? Can I just let it sit with the software that comes installed?

It never needs to be connected to anything after the first setup so that's fine, but for a new unit only someone who's been through the process in the past few days can say if upgrading is needed before it can be activated.

Reactions: Barbara
I have had to update the batteries before this one, which was needed. New owners ”might” get forced into the update.

I guess I understand the need....but opph having to have a wire to my phone...yuck. I am sure it is easy and only takes seconds but def a downgrade user exp wise. I really like NOT having to connect my Mavic to my phone so much I bought the Smart controller. Not sure if its even possible but a Bluetooth connection would be better. So the worst thing in the world is getting a drone and NOT being able to fly it....I need a USB-C to USB-C connector right?

Reactions: GoodnNuff
I'm hoping to get one for Christmas....dumb question do you have to upgrade? Can I just let it sit with the software that comes installed?
Sure, but it may well come with the latest firmware. Everything rolling out of manufacturing is loaded with the latest firmware, and this is probably the highest volume time of the year, so chances of getting older firmware are at their lowest.

The longer you wait, the worse it gets (i.e. getting a new unit with stale firmware).

funny you say stale but dont want the fresh LOL!!! I am thinking if I get it for Christmas and the firmware rolled out this week. chances are Im safe. Be surprised if it was that fast product to shipment unless they started pre-loading firmware 30 days ago.

You'd be surprised, then, the short time from factory to purchase this time of year.

I'd bet anything coming from the DJI store online will have the new f/w in less than a week. Further, COSTCO and other large retail chains probably will have fresh inventory with the new f/w in a week.

This is the holiday season, bud! The very reason you're hoping to get one is the reason inventory is rolling over quickly.

DJI sells something like half it's annual consumer sales during the Christmas season.

If this is a gift, let the gifter know it should be purchased retail ASAP, and the best bet to get an "older" build date as we get closer to Christmas is a small online seller.

If you buy a new unregistered Avata, won't the latest software be loaded during activation?
That depends, which is why it was mentioned earlier that feedback from someone else would be needed.

If you buy a new unregistered Avata, won't the latest software be loaded during activation?
That's configurable by DJI.

Hard to say what they'll do here. Probably force an update because of the legal situation with RID, but on the other hand DJI is compliant because everything they're shipping now is RID capable, but the pilot doesn't have to comply until Jan 2024.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput