Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New Flyer after a racing drone

sparkysx

Reaction score
I used to fly nitro heli's but got out of that quite a long time ago, I've got ocd and hated having to clean it everytime I flew it!

I have a Mavic Mini Combo now, but to be honest the range is terrible, 1000ft and the screen goes black (uk model)

I'm going to keep the mini for taking pictures but would like something fast that I can use fpv with, there's so many out there that I don't know whats good or where to start?

Any help would be great, thanks!

Reactions: tevek and Wayno52
OCD and regularly crashing an fpv bird. Hahahah, you will be freaking out lol.
Welcome to the forum and as you said, so many to choose from.
Most of us on here would say your big investment is around your neck and on your head.
We generally recommended starting with a whoop style quad, a good transmitter and a good set of goggles.
Are you looking at building or bind and fly?
Also what kind of budget?
Also a simulator is a good place to start.

If you haven’t flown much in acro mode, (unassisted flight)then definitely get started now on simulator...I’m Also brand new.ive got a hubsan zino which flies similarly to the Mavic....so I got a race drone and promptly destroyed it. While I was waiting to get a new one I flew on lift off simulator a bunch...when I finally figured out how to get my new drone woTaking, I could control it 100 times better...lift off is very realistic in as far as how you use the controls and how the drone reacts...well worth it!

If you haven’t flown much in acro mode, (unassisted flight)then definitely get started now on simulator...I’m Also brand new.ive got a hubsan zino which flies similarly to the Mavic....so I got a race drone and promptly destroyed it. While I was waiting to get a new one I flew on lift off simulator a bunch...when I finally figured out how to get my new drone woTaking, I could control it 100 times better...lift off is very realistic in as far as how you use the controls and how the drone reacts...well worth it!

I'm new to assisted mode, used to have a Concept 30 Kyosho Helicopter which was unassisted, I downloaded a few racing drone flight sims and was able to fly them straight away, but will practice on them anyway as like you say it's cheaper than replacing parts. Anyone can fly a mavic within reason, but I've flown my old Concept 30 upside down and all sorts so I'm quietly confident that I'll be able to pick it up. What goggles do you use?

Reactions: Wayno52
I don't mind bind and fly or build. I've built a lot of custom r/c cars from scratch, as in fabricating the parts myself, not Tamiya kits, although I've done those aswell. Until recently I had an Alexanda 3a pantograph that I used to make parts on after designing and scaling them up in photoshop.

Reactions: Wayno52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax