Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Newbie looking for answers

Reaction score
Hello all, just bought an Arris c250 V2 RTF, but no goggles... how do I know which to choose, and how do I set them up? can't seem to find any videos that are specific... here's my specs; and thanks!!!!

1 x ARRIS C250 V2 Racing Quad Frame
4 x ARRIS X2205 2300KV Brushless Motors
1 x Flycolor Tower w/ F390 30A 4 in 1 ESC + F3 + OSD + PDB
4 x ARRIS 5042 3-blade Propeller
1 x 1000TVL 2.8mm camera
1 x 5.8G 200mw 32CH FPV TX
1 x FPV Transmitter Antenna
1 x Radiolink AT9 Transmitter with receiver
1 x ARRIS Buzzer TMB12A05
1 x ARRIS 14.8V 1500mah 50C Lipo Battery
1 x AHobbyTiger BC-4S15D 2S 3S 4S Li-poly/Li-lon Battery Charger

Hello all, just bought an Arris c250 V2 RTF, but no goggles... how do I know which to choose, and how do I set them up? can't seem to find any videos that are specific... here's my specs; and thanks!!!!

1 x ARRIS C250 V2 Racing Quad Frame
4 x ARRIS X2205 2300KV Brushless Motors
1 x Flycolor Tower w/ F390 30A 4 in 1 ESC + F3 + OSD + PDB
4 x ARRIS 5042 3-blade Propeller
1 x 1000TVL 2.8mm camera
1 x 5.8G 200mw 32CH FPV TX
1 x FPV Transmitter Antenna
1 x Radiolink AT9 Transmitter with receiver
1 x ARRIS Buzzer TMB12A05
1 x ARRIS 14.8V 1500mah 50C Lipo Battery
1 x AHobbyTiger BC-4S15D 2S 3S 4S Li-poly/Li-lon Battery Charger

Choose what, goggles?

... how do I know which to choose, and how do I set them up?

Well you have a 32 channel FPV Tx. So most any goggles will work. Basically it's all geared to channel selection. You have to set the channel on the transmitter and the channel on the receiver to match. But - some channels work better than others. depending on interference when using your FPV system. So you may have to try different matching channels.
Hope this is what you wanted?
Randy

Reactions: Spade240z
yes, that's the info I was looking for... hard to know what to ask, when you don't really know what to ask... THank you sir! any suggestions on goggles for a guy that wears basic corrective lenses? should I go for a fatshark style and get the diopters or more of a box style? in your opinion...

yes, that's the info I was looking for... hard to know what to ask, when you don't really know what to ask... THank you sir! any suggestions on goggles for a guy that wears basic corrective lenses? should I go for a fatshark style and get the diopters or more of a box style? in your opinion...

Most people with vision problems tend to like the box style. But you can get corrective lenses for the goggle style. So, its more of a "what do you want" thing.

I saw some good reviews for the skyviews you have... what about those?

Well - I'm kinda new to FPV too. I'll actually be looking through them for the first time in a few days.

For me - I wanted the goggles and not the big box type headgear. But, being new, I couldn't see the logic in purchasing a $400 pair of goggles (to get the performance I wanted). I knew that somebody would be upgrading their gear and liquidating their old gear after Christmas. So I found the SkyZone at a decent price. Research showed both good and bad qualities. But they were the best I could get for the price range that I wanted to be in. So, start shopping the forums for a used set. Ya never know what someone might be selling.

If you have the funds then get the Fatshark goggles. HD3 is the way to go. There are a lot of comparison videos on YouTube that compare the three and the differences.

Here is a really clear comparison:

The Fatshark HD3's require a Rx module and the options are abundant. However, there is a 'trick' setup that is very popular today and that is the LaForge Main module + Diversity. This is not cheap but is the choice of a lot of top racers. Check out one respected name, Steele Davis, a.k.a. Mr. Steele. I recommend subscribing to his channel. Lots of interesting stuff. Check out this video that covers his goggle setup:

Here is his Build playlist (Build Tips - YouTube) which a great way to learn quickly what a lot of the top Acro guys are using for their total kit.

lastly, you will need a video transmitter (VTx). You can likely just use what you have in your quad but you may want to experiment with other options to find the best quality fpv. I personally think the LaForge VTx is a good match, though you will want to be extremely careful to only power it with 5v. Otherwise you will smoke it right quick. Steele uses a Team Black Sheep VTx. I think that's simply because it is what he is used to.

Here are some other YouTube channels that should be on everyone's watch list if you are interested in this sport and want to either race or do acro.

Joshua Bardwell

Mr Steele

Rotor Riot

Painless360

AndyRC

FinalGlideAus

This is a sample of the channels I find helpful. Joshua Bardwell is the guru of all things fpv. Don't attempt to watch all his videos or you will get overwhelmed. Search for what you need and devour more as you get interested. Mr. Steel's build videos are great to give you a better understanding of all fpv gear from quad to backpack. Just a great foundation for any acro pilot. Great place to start. Rotor Riot is great for their stuff in particular. Great detail and super-professional production. They are some of the better pilots in the industry.

I hope this helps. After you delve through some of this you will feel more comfortable an knowledgeable. Things are changing rapidly. Get on board!

Reactions: Jtrjr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput