Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Problem with EV800D Eachine Googles.

rodtolio

Reaction score
Hi guys. I am new to this forum and to FPV.
So my googles have just arrived yesterday, I used it without any problem. I leave it charging during the night and today once I woke up I've tried to use it. Now it won't turn off anymore, neither it is playing my recorded videos from yesterday or it is getting the signal from my fpv camera.
I've searched online for this issue, but could not find any solve.

Thank you

I have those same goggles. I didn't have a problem with it not turning off, but not staying on. I would power it up, it will work for several seconds, then turn off on its own. I found out it was the micro SD card I inserted for the DVR. It was a good high quality photography one by SanDisk (64Gb). I switched it out with a 32Gb SanDisk one from my GoPro Hero3 (which I used for years) and it worked. I think it may have a limit of 32Gb for the SD card. It's not the same problem as you but try switching to a different SD card brand or capacity, and see if the problem goes away.

I have those same goggles. I didn't have a problem with it not turning off, but not staying on. I would power it up, it will work for several seconds, then turn off on its own. I found out it was the micro SD card I inserted for the DVR. It was a good high quality photography one by SanDisk (64Gb). I switched it out with a 32Gb SanDisk one from my GoPro Hero3 (which I used for years) and it worked. I think it may have a limit of 32Gb for the SD card. It's not the same problem as you but try switching to a different SD card brand or capacity, and see if the problem goes away.
I have these goggles and find them fantastic i had the issue with it turning of after a few seconds (also a high quality sandisk 64gb) you need to re-format the SD card to Fat32 and it works fine, not to sure about the not turning off issue but as Neo said worth a try.

i did have a faulty set first that i returned that would indicate charging but wouldn't turn on.

Hi I don’t suppose any on using the 800s would mind sharing their picture setting I just feel I could get a better picture than I’m getting and wanted to try someone’s setting to see if its me

Thanks

Hi I don’t suppose any on using the 800s would mind sharing their picture setting I just feel I could get a better picture than I’m getting and wanted to try someone’s setting to see if its me

Thanks
Its more than likely a bad picture in your goggles is from a bad antenna/connection or something to do with camera/vtx

The vtx and the camera are brand new and the DVR footage is great so thinking I need to get the setting right

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Ye that’s what I thought I have the rotor riot Runcam swift 2 and a fx799t vtx all good and when I play the footage back on the pc it looks soooo much better I know the screen on the pc is better but should be getting a better image on the goggles.
I have got it slightly better playing with the setting but not as good as I think it should be

Thanks

Reactions: VirtueViolater
So my googles have just arrived yesterday, I used it without any problem. I leave it charging during the night and today once I woke up I've tried to use it. Now it won't turn off anymore, neither it is playing my recorded videos from yesterday or it is getting the signal from my fpv camera.

Thank you

Thank you
Hello,
I just received my EV800D goggles yesterday and I am having the same issue. By trial and error I found out if I take a picture first I can shut the goggles off. I know there have been suggestions about the size of the SD Card being an issue. In my case I am using a SanDisk 16GB class 10 card.

Larry

Hi I have had a lot of different issues with my goggles and it all went away when I formatted the sd card to fat 32

Sorry for not mentioning the fact that the SD card is FAT32. Thanks for the comment,

This came up for me today so I'm just gonna leave it here. EV800D with a 64 gb card (fat 32) will turn themselves off after a few seconds, no warning. If I have a 32 gb card in that's almost full, and the current recording finishes filling the card, then they won't shut off. You have to eject the card to get them to turn off. Once, I had to even put a blank card in to get them to turn off.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlysTroe