Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Radiomaster TX16S... a great radio!

graywoulf

Reaction score
Well I am about to retire my Taranis QX7 which is something I didn't think I would do so soon but after watching a lot of videos on the Radiomaster TX16S, I couldn't hold back and I bought one.

I can't believe this radio has this many features for the price. I also wanted to have a multi-protocol radio again as I have several airplanes that are on the FlySky protocol and some old toy quads that I still like to fly for fun sometimes as well. So now I can fly all of my aircraft as well as my newer quads that have Crossfire installed.

One of the best features is the big screen and full color graphics. Now I can see the screen better with my old eyes and there is so much more information on that screen now too. And the fact that is using Open TX is a huge plus. There is even a mod for it that will let you install an internal GPS module if you are into long range flying which I am gearing up for.

So, if any of you are looking to upgrade your radio, I would recommend taking a look at this one.

Haha I’m actually doing the same thing .QX7 out, TX16S is on its way to me as we speak. Just curious: why would you need a gps module on the radio as opposed to on your quad?

The GPS upgrade is just another way of tracking long range planes and quads for rescue purposes mainly I think. That is if the GPS has a way of storing the flight statistics. Not sure really.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput