Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Can't Bind Jumper T-Lite with RadioMaster RP3

kgray9

Reaction score
Hi all!

I have been banging my head on a brick wall for the past several hours; I can't get my transmitter to bind with my receiver!

What I have is a completely new unused Jumper T-Lite (with expresslrs builtin) and a new unused RadioMaster RP3 receiver.

I have followed Oscar Liang's tutorial for binding the Jumper T-lite, including flashing new firmware (with a binding key) over WiFi for the transmitter and the receiver separately. (A Complete Guide to Flashing and Setting Up ExpressLRS - Oscar Liang)

No matter what I try, the binding just isn't happening. Now I'm starting to wonder if these two are even compatible with each other.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

They should be compatible. If both get flashed with matching firmware and bind phrase there should be no binding procedure to do.
Maybe check your options for model matching, disable it first to get things working.

Reactions: kgray9
Thanks for the response @Kilrah !

I thought they were compatible.
I used the expresslrs configurator to make the firmware files for both; I selected the correct device and set the bind phrase the same for both. Can the bind phrase have spaces?

What is model matching?

You do have the internal module set to CRSF, right?

Did you note that some receivers ir received with pre-3.0 firmware need a 2-step flashing procedure?

What is model matching?
https://oscarliang.com/setup-expresslrs-2-4ghz/#How-to-Use-Model-Match

Reactions: kgray9
Thanks for the info!

The internal module of the transmitter doesn’t have a CRSF option 🤔. It’s a XJSF I think.

You do have the internal module set to CRSF, right?

Did you note that some receivers ir received with pre-3.0 firmware need a 2-step flashing procedure?

https://oscarliang.com/setup-expresslrs-2-4ghz/#How-to-Use-Model-Match
Ahha!

So... After I changed the "Internal RF" type to "CRSF" (in the "Hardware" menu), it connected instantly!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agevorgi