Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

ROBOMEOW build~Aust.spec

Robodan

Reaction score
Firsly let me begin by stating..i dont know what the fark im doing!

Ok now that we have established that lets get on with this!

Parts ordered thus far..
After countless minutes looking at the spending screen my daughter and I had decided to part ways with the first of many sums of money on

*robocat frame

purely as it read cat")

$25

Luckily enough,it seems to be a popular choice with my "nooby clueless britheren"

I then began to sit back with a bourbon~daughter tucked away asleep of coarse and roll on the "how to guides "
trying to figure out best bang for buck out of all this.

As a noob I have decided to go full carnage value..may have been drunk...and proceeded to purchase competition spec engines being of

*Emax rs2205
And
*20amp little bee esc

$100

Heck if there good for champions,then they are good for me daughter and I the alcohol had said..

Now with the lack of brains I posses,research led me to purchase

*Naze32 acro afro 6 dos bent pins pre soldered

$23

~yeah thats rite..leave that soldering mess for asian hands as I have hands of a person that destroys things!

From what ive read the 6 dos pins are purely for those that are keen for racing about and the 10 pins are for those who want to travel the world with all the extra features..nope just speed for me and plenty of it to get through them dam trees and ground.

Next item was propellars on the cheap frag it list

Went a set of 5030 in carbon fibre and 5 sets in plastic,got a feeling im gonna need them

All up around

$20

..love being close to the manufacterers") in this hobby.im sure as time goes by cheaper unlocks will surface.

Next will be
~battery
~controller

Any advice would be great any negative feedback ..we can discuss in person but you need to fly over this way for the beating.. I mean civilised discussion..cheers all.

Dan

Reactions: clackey
Hello why did you pick The naze 32 rev6 ? Most of them i know going for rev 5 version . I am just wundering .
For advice I am running atm my robocat in gemfan prop 6030 but not the plastic versions these once's
Gemfan Propeller 6x3 Black (CW/CCW) (2pcs)
But they have pros and cons
pros is there littlebit harder (stiffer) but they will not deform . plastic is a weaker material. that can bend easyer.
when your going into a crash the props will break but the engines will be okee
cons : there littlebit more in cents. And the break littlebit faster when you crash.

Hello why did you pick The naze 32 rev6 ? Most of them i know going for rev 5 version . I am just wundering
For advice I am running atm my robocat in gemfan prop 6030 but not the plastic versions these once's
Gemfan Propeller 6x3 Black (CW/CCW) (2pcs)
But they have pros and cons
pros is there littlebit harder (stiffer) but they will not deform . plastic is a weaker material. that can bend easyer.
when your going into a crash the props will break but the engines will be okee
cons : there littlebit more in cents. And the break littlebit faster when you crash.

Gday bushmill champ..cheers for the interest..im a noob,thats why..
Nah i watch alot of that old fella on youtube~rcmodelreviews..he said get the 5 not the 6 has less of flight and more racing tricks orientation...no biggy..planning on buying a few of everything..try everything out..hi end goods would have to get it bought once correctly..think this one would be able to slide if not the go for me..I have only.but the net to rely on...hardly anything on in my state..which suits me fine..trial and error all part of any journey..cheers for the link aswell..think i will go with.some cheap motors for initial start up..as originally said want for my daughter and I to get into..she loves the video footage going on the net aswell..pretty easy hobby to get clearance from the boss with...

Well you can look at my setup it's not that over priced. But bought all parts from hk. accept the fatshark stuff. starting also new in this brand. Myself more rc boats . But on the company one had the virus of this sport or hobby. And his goal was to be cheap but good and keeping weight lowof the drone. He is running a smack 250 with same setup accept the the props . But the fly time between 5 inch prop or 6 inch prop is that small we now see don't any big different. For controller get the frsky there cheap and you can do tons with it. Its a perfekt beginner controller only get the reciever apart.

Well you can look at my setup it's not that over priced. But bought all parts from hk. accept the fatshark stuff. starting also new in this brand. Myself more rc boats . But on the company one had the virus of this sport or hobby. And his goal was to be cheap but good and keeping weight lowof the drone. He is running a smack 250 with same setup accept the the props . But the fly time between 5 inch prop or 6 inch prop is that small we now see don't any big different. For controller get the frsky there cheap and you can do tons with it. Its a perfekt beginner controller only get the reciever apart.

Only get the reciever apart?

What buy a better reciever ~x8r inc?

X9d plus / battery+charger / x8r / strapjunk

for aud$ 338

Reciever seems to be used by many..havent picked up that its junk..

Installed..chromes attachment~clearflight..had a skim..looks daunting..tips for basic up running be great!

Basic fpv gear would looking at this for $260

High Quality Fatshark Fat Shark Teleporter V5 5.8G FPV Goggles with Camera Transmitter CE FCC Headset Combo

Now i know im jumping the gun..hell im running with one ~BUT ..eventually and im persitant..it will go to fpv..

So any info.$$$ links..regarding good long term equipment
mainly these 2 buggerz,

~RC tranmitter
~Fpv headgear

Rest would be wear and tear,upgrades and hording of parts that usually follow any other hobby of the like..

Cheers guys,make ya proud or atleast get ya having a good laugh out of all this!

Aslong as it can take a knock about aswell should be on my list..bit rough with stuff..rc that is..

So x4r is just smaller and lighter compared to x8r that would come bundled up in hk package available im eyeing off or better features?

Also purchased

2x1300mah 45c lipo
Charger to suit
Buzzer
Pdf
Cheap cloud spirit antenna..opps

Think im spent now lol...and I know that bank statement this month gets lost in the mail....

i am running a spec 3s 2200 mah 65c . Well i took the x4r beqause is newer and lighter and had something for the future. but thats something my programer i have to ask. Also in cleanflight he got the key (sdk source ) to do what ever you want beqause he is not happy with cleanflight basics. if you want i can ask . about the x4r and x8r

Yeah if you could link up in here x8r and x4r that be a help;)

Cars / boats...fairly easy
helicopters..but nothing extreme..never much interest~got it up..down..meh...

I think the Fpv aspect of this grabbed my attention that and dialling in stability~id say a bit of trip in itself as payoff for fairly straight forward flight manners resulting in a great visual~just gotta invest in some good goggles and hd cam once I arrive at that stage..long way off.

..i live in the hills.
..i have plenty of land to practice on and keep well away from hurting anyone..this could work out well and im excited on hopefully sitting back on my deck chair on my patch of dirt and buzzing about oneday!

Hello I asked him but no reply . The company says he is in the states atm for some programming for a costumer. So i have to wait till he will back. Only thing i can think of is the weight lesser weight is better . Just like in the real world . Lesser is better for speeding or your battery's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax