Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Running 5S on modded X220 Wizard?

Reaction score
So my Wizard X220 runs ok on 4S. Running betaflight 3.5.1 now. Recently installed 30Amp Blheli esc's and 6S capable Power Distribution board. Installing 2206 motors and currently running T5040C props. Thinking about upgrading to 100C 5S packs. Then I thought, why not 6S? The PDB is capable of it and if I fry motors and or esc's then I will upgrade. The question is will the added weight nullify the benefits of the added power? What thoughts does anyone have on the upgrade? I'm not afraid to fry esc's or motors, that's how I learn. So anyone have experience modding 5 or 6S? Is 6S worth it? Or would you consider 5S adequate?

Reactions: Bncgr8stuff
Not a whole lot of difference between 4S and 5S, go big or go home hahaha. Seriously though, 4S has been the standard for a couple of years but 6S is the wave of the future due to it's higher efficiency. Plus it's hard to find components designed specifically for 5S. As for the weight thing, if you're running a 6S setup you can use lower kv motors which draw less amps. The benefit is the ability use lipos with lower mah rating such as 1150 instead of the typical 1300 mah on a 4S setup. A friend of mine just switched his Floss 2 to a 6S setup and it's only 50 or 60 grams heavier. Total beast and his flight times have increased from 5 minutes to between 7 and 8 minutes

Running 6s will be a new ballgame, for power and for problems, but it is definitely the wave of the future. Make sure you have good 35v caps installed and keep it over soft surfaces until you know it won't desync or have some other issue before you put too much trust in it and send it over less forgiving terrain. I am trying to run 6s on my rooster but it just can't handle a full throttle punch while the battery is full without having flip of death and crashing, so I need to add caps and hope that helps. Good luck!

Reactions: Futuramille

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix