Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Sharing - Third 3" re-build

Now for the magic moment..
LOS maiden
20200209_144729.jpg
Got two batteries in goggles up and its smooth but could use higher rates and some D.
Still have to tack stuff down like capacitor, battery wires, and might move the beeper up under the front of the camera? we'll see.. lots of flying to do?

Overall It was a fun build and my Cerberus Trifecta (2", 3" & 5") are all flying again. woohoo.
Thanks for reading and ask any questions as you find! ✌

Last edited:
Well fear not bud, it is possible that the FC is set up for Camera Control, it doesn't always work, but sometimes it does. Often lately you may see multiple pads, usually labeled CS and CC. CS is for the Camera video Signal, and the CC (Camera Control) goes to the OSD pin where the "5 button joystick" could get plugged in on the camera. If it works correctly I think it gives access to the "advanced" camera setting that usually you need to plug the joystick in to get to.
well HTP, I'm not yet getting sound from the camera yet and Its got a mic. maybe we can do some magic. It would be cool to have blade and motor noise in my vids. Something I miss on the 2" with the micro split.

JJ,

Great maiden! It's super cool to see a bird go from a jumble of parts into a flying machine! How'd the motors feel when you brought her down? As you can tell from my posts, I've been struggling with motor issues so I'm trying to re-educate myself.

Jerry

JJ,

Great maiden! It's super cool to see a bird go from a jumble of parts into a flying machine! How'd the motors feel when you brought her down? As you can tell from my posts, I've been struggling with motor issues so I'm trying to re-educate myself.

Jerry
Thank you Jerry!! Motors were nice and cool. Barely warm. As I turn up D they may get a bit warmer but I've got alot of room to go up. Response was good but I may increase throttle at midpoint so it lifts off at 1/3rd stick. Plenty of "catch" ability (I really like Race Craft props). The battery was barely warm and I got almost 4min flights on an 850mah 4s.
I did see some voltage Sag into the 13s but it quickly came back. All my 3" 850 batteries are old with over 200 charges.. some even have 300+ and they have been sitting unused for several months at storage voltage (15.45v).
I'm going to charge up all 16 of my batteries including four 3S 850 tattu.. fly a butt load over this coming weekend. Tune and probably will have to toss a few batteries.

well HTP, I'm not yet getting sound from the camera yet and Its got a mic. maybe we can do some magic. It would be cool to have blade and motor noise in my vids. Something I miss on the 2" with the micro split.
Here is some info off the Github BF Wiki page about getting audio.

1581534334674.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax