Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

SJRC F22 suddenly shuts off (Flightcontroller issue?)

AVRAddict

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I hope that someone can help me with an issue I'm having with my SJRC F22 quadcopter. I recently tried to install db122fpv module (a RemoteID transmission device that sits in between the GPS module and the Flight Controller Board). I removed the GPS board from the quadcopter and I connected it to the module. I powered up the module and the GPS module using an external power supply and verified that everything worked correctly. Next, I put both modules back into the quadcopter, and connected the db122fpv to the flight controller.

After powering on the drone, I noticed that the leds of the db122fpv weren't turning on. I quickly powered down the drone, and checked the wiring from the FC towards the db122fpv. I noticed that I made a mistake when I was rewiring the connector coming from the flight controller. :( After correcting the error, I've powered up the drone again (without closing it up) and everything seemed to be working properly. After I put everything neatly inside the housing of the quadcopter- I closed it up again.

From this point on it refuses to finish it's power-on cycle. Holding the on button (for a few seconds) sets off the start-up procedure and gives me the familiar 3-tone piezo sound. (the same sound that the MJX bugs drone makes btw). I notice that the propeller leds turn on briefly- but quickly after that- the quadcopter shuts off. I disconnected the db122pfv - but the problem remains the same. I tried another battery, but the problem persists. However, when supplying 11v directly to the FC board (using external power supply)- the drone actually finishes it's start-up procedure and seems ready for action...

I'm trying to comprehend what's happening here. Any help diagnosing this problem or pointing me in the right direction is grealy appreciated!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jossey