Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Speedybee f405 v3 power issues

DrR0x

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought a second hand nazgul 5(the v1) and started flying it, eventually I crashed hard enough for the flight controller to be ruined(pads broke off). So I bought the speedybee f405 v3 fc and have set it up with the XM+ receiver and configured all my settings. However I added it into my frame today and plugged it into ESC for first time. I plug the battery in and hear 5 beeps, however the fc only has a faint red light and neither vtx or Rx have power. When I checked the pads with a multimeter they were -0.3v or 1.6v. I'm not great at soldering and don't have flux or a very good iron, but when I checked for continuity there were no shorts anywhere.

Anyone know what might be going wrong?

I would check the pinout order of the interface multi-cable between the FC & ESC. It could be wired wrong or have a bent pin, etc.

Reactions: okw
I would check the pinout order of the interface multi-cable between the FC & ESC. It could be wired wrong or have a bent pin, etc.
Yeah it was that, turns out it was completely reversed. I reversed the connectors in the jst and everything works fine. Thanks for your help though.

Reactions: okw

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya