Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Strapping on a pack

Wayno52

Reaction score
So my question is this , I have 3 different packs that I run on my tyrant s. I have 1x3s 70c flat pack, 1x4s 75c flat pack and 2 x 4s 95c I think called square packs. The flat packs sit better on top of my bird than the square. Size and weight difference is huge. But mounting them is becoming more of a challenge as COG is difficult to get with no space to put straps. I have found that if my straps go directly over any wiring they brown. Hmmm may get that magic smoke. Couple of pics for your thoughts on way.

So my question is this , I have 3 different packs that I run on my tyrant s. I have 1x3s 70c flat pack, 1x4s 75c flat pack and 2 x 4s 95c I think called square packs. The flat packs sit better on top of my bird than the square. Size and weight difference is huge. But mounting them is becoming more of a challenge as COG is difficult to get with no space to put straps. I have found that if my straps go directly over any wiring they brown. Hmmm may get that magic smoke. Couple of pics for your thoughts on way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Oh come on Vv. I was counting on you, Green and Jerry as a minimum for some serious help. Funny though. But I don’t want to see that smoke yet and she don’t like offset packs?

Unfortunately that is the case the square packs are generally made for bottom hangers

I don't use a skid plate on mine and I've only killed one battery so far. There's only one way to find out strap it on there and take it for a flight

Wayno,

I have a couple of birds that carry packs on their backs. I don't have any packs like the square one you're using. I'll attach pics of the packs I'm using. I also see that you are wrapping the straps around the entire bird (top & bottom plate. I only wrap around the top plate. My Chameleon is similar to you Tyrant and there's not much space in there but I was able to strap to the top plate without rubbing on my electronic components.

Jerry

IMG_8203.JPG IMG_8204.JPG IMG_8205.JPG IMG_8206.JPG IMG_8208.JPG IMG_8209.JPG IMG_8210.JPG

Thanks Jerry, I just don’t have the room for the straps for top mount. I can get 1 at the front of the bird but not a second for the back. Maybe I can find thinner straps?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam