Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Taped tip of reciever antenna?

broncosdad1317

Reaction score
Is it okay to have a zip tie flush with the exposed end piece of your reciever antenna and electric tape lightly. Or should the tip be exposed with no tape or ziptie behind it not flush if it's flush and taped will it give worse signal

i cover mine to the tip and cover with shrnk wrap past the tip a mm or two. any signal loss is negligible and protecting those little exposed tips is impotent. the insolation is gone with the core exposed and the ziptie / shrink don't insulate really.

Reactions: broncosdad1317
Also, keep as far away as possible between VTX atenna and receiver antenna. Basic rule should be 90 degrees angle from each other if installed close to each other if possible. That's so your VTX won't cause noise in receiver & vice versa.

Also, keep as far away as possible between VTX atenna and receiver antenna. Basic rule should be 90 degrees angle from each other if installed close to each other if possible. That's so your VTX won't cause noise in receiver & vice versa.
Thank you I actually designed a pivot wrap so it can pivot at 90 degrees up and to the back either one I want so I'll make sure to do the 90 degree towards back is best. So is bending my aomway 3dbi back not smart then if my reciever antenna is already going that direction. You want a 90 degree angle created by the two tight

Thank you I actually designed a pivot wrap so it can pivot at 90 degrees up and to the back either one I want so I'll make sure to do the 90 degree towards back is best. So is bending my aomway 3dbi back not smart then if my reciever antenna is already going that direction. You want a 90 degree angle created by the two tight
Yes. That would be best. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MopacFPV