Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Thinking of getting into fpv

It’s hard for me to picture the position of the quad when it’s showing upside down
Think of it like this: If the camera angle was 90 degrees (straight up) the tilt would be the same going forward and backwards (but backwards would look upside down) At 65 degrees, you can go backwards and instead of seeing sky (like we do at 25-30 degrees tilt), you can actually see where your going (albeit upside down again)

Well just to make it tougher for you I’ll give you a different opinion. Get a good transmitter and a simulator. See if you like it. It’s not as easy as it looks to start out.

Then get goggles and a bnf (bind and fly) toothpick or tinywhoop quad and fly and crash repeatedly. They’re pretty durable.

At that point you’re ready to race or freestyle and get a quad that you really want.

Just my opinion but I think it would be frustrating and time consuming (meaning a long time before you actually fly) to start out building.

This is the steps I took with no regrets and now I have just completed my first test flight of my hawk 5 with no crashes.

This is the steps I took with no regrets and now I have just completed my first test flight of my hawk 5 with no crashes.
That's great! You're going to have a blast.

If you can bring someone along it would be a good idea so they can keep an eye on the quad while you're flying. In the beginning it's hard to keep track of where you are and if it goes down they'll be able to tell you where it is.

Don't worry about crashing. Of course you'll try not to, but you will. We all do and it's part of the hobby.

I always say, "the better I get, the more i crash". It's because you gain the confidence to try harder moves.

Turn the the recorder so you can play back the flights. That could also help finding it if it goes down too, and we'd love to see it too.

Glad you're off to a good start.

Hey if I buy a bind and fly do I just need a remote and a drone and I’m up in the air ?
Well, yes and no. You’d be able to fly line of sight which is a good thing to learn but not really the FPV experience. You would also need goggles so you could see what the quad is seeing and fly that way. The Eachine EV800D goggles would be a good starter goggle for around $100.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Hey if I buy a bind and fly do I just need a remote and a drone and I’m up in the air ?
Like the prior said, there's some ready to fly (rtf) kits (goggles, kwad and remote) usually starting around $300
Now it'll be good for learning but you'll quickly it grow it, but certainly a good place to start

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix