Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Upgrading a Radio...Is it Worth it?

merdok

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I am going to buy the SRD101 mini drone from Helipal. I am buying the RTF version and I am wondering if it is worth it or a smart move to upgrade the radio to the FrSky Taranis X90 Plus? In the future it is a good possibility that I will buy a few more drones. What do you think?

Scott

Buy the best Tx with the most versatility that you can afford. Just last week I received my radio upgrade. I just changed from a Spektrum Dx6i to a Spektrum Dx8 G2. This hobby may lead you into a lot of different directions. And you will need a good radio to support it.

I agree and that is a fine choice, but have found the $140 Radiolink AT9S to be superb and it meets all my needs. For anyone looking to save a few dollars, it is a great option as well. It is 9 channel and has FHSS, micro receiver available, training port, etc. I know I keep going on about it, but I really am shocked at how good it is for the price. xD

Buy the best Tx with the most versatility that you can afford. Just last week I received my radio upgrade. I just changed from a Spektrum Dx6i to a Spektrum Dx8 G2. This hobby may lead you into a lot of different directions. And you will need a good radio to support it.

I agree, I'm happy with the Horus. I love the build quality and better gimbals over the taranis. They are still a relatively cheap tramsitter compared to what you can spend with the other high end offerings. I know I will be flying for many years to come so didn't mind spending $500US on a transmitter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax