Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Watch Before Buying the DJI Avata (Mattheww Brennan)

msinger

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Website
djidronehelp.com
In this video, Mattheww Brennan talks about all of the exciting DJI Avata features, shows video examples, and shares his experience flying the DJI Avata over the past couple of weeks.

Reactions: Texas Red
You know DJI. They always have something newer/different waiting right around the corner.

****.... so why did I buy the FPV model just 4 months ago??!
If it's a consolation both are great at their own thing so pretty complementary... probably not a consolation for the wallet though, but at least you can buy the aircraft only since you've already got all the rest :p

If it's a consolation both are great at their own thing so pretty complementary... probably not a consolation for the wallet though, but at least you can buy the aircraft only since you've already got all the rest :p
Except the new goggles look like a major step up!
And the batteries are different...

Except the new goggles look like a major step up!
They've made a lot of nice improvements. The biggest con for me is they aren't as comfortable as the DJI FPV Goggles 2. However, I think that will be easily fixable by replacing the foam padding (whenever available).

Not really, apart from being smaller I actually prefer flying my Avata with the old ones. More comfortable, bigger picture and sharper overall, plus I prefer the joystick to the touchpad.
I'm with you on that one!

I don't have my Avata yet, but I expect to dislike the touch pad, since I've always disliked the whole "swipey swipey" input mechanism.

But we'll see! If it works, it works!

:)

Totally different aircraft and uses. If that makes you feel any better? 🤷‍♂️
When I get the Avata, I expect to use the DJI FPV when I want to go like a bat, and the Avata when I think I might bang into stuff. I also expect to be willing to let students fly the Avata with only a minimum of training, which I would never do with my DJI FPV.

I had pretty well decided that I was *not* going to buy the Avata when deciding what drone I was going to get next. But when I saw the promo video, I took a closer look, and soon decided the Avata was going to be the next addition to the hanger. It was just a question of cost.

At this point, I’ve:
  • Watched all the DJI training videos for the Avata
  • Read the manual cover-to-cover
  • Read a lot of the 3rd party reviews
  • Watched a bunch of the 3rd party video reviews
  • Asked and gotten answers for a bunch of questions
I’ve even named her, even though I haven’t bought her yet. The name became obvious when a saw a picture of the DJI FPV and the Avata hovering next to each other. Her name is Beauty. Which became obvious after seeing the pic, because my DJI FPV is named Beast…

😉

Doesn’t that mean I have to buy her now? Isn’t there some kind of rule about that?

Maybe it’s in the Constitution…

:cool:

When I get the Avata, I expect to use the DJI FPV when I want to go like a bat, and the Avata when I think I might bang into stuff. I also expect to be willing to let students fly the Avata with only a minimum of training, which I would never do with my DJI FPV.

I had pretty well decided that I was *not* going to buy the Avata when deciding what drone I was going to get next. But when I saw the promo video, I took a closer look, and soon decided the Avata was going to be the next addition to the hanger. It was just a question of cost.

At this point, I’ve:
  • Watched all the DJI training videos for the Avata
  • Read the manual cover-to-cover
  • Read a lot of the 3rd party reviews
  • Watched a bunch of the 3rd party video reviews
  • Asked and gotten answers for a bunch of questions
I’ve even named her, even though I haven’t bought her yet. The name became obvious when a saw a picture of the DJI FPV and the Avata hovering next to each other. Her name is Beauty. Which became obvious after seeing the pic, because my DJI FPV is named Beast…

😉

Doesn’t that mean I have to buy her now? Isn’t there some kind of rule about that?

Maybe it’s in the Constitution…

:cool:
Love it! Sounds like a decent amendment to The Constitution! My Avata joins the fleet today, aptly named "Aggie."

Love it! Sounds like a decent amendment to The Constitution! My Avata joins the fleet today, aptly named "Aggie."
I may put it off for a bit. I've been a smoke-eater for the last few days, and probably will be for at least a week. And I'm not a firefighter, God bless 'em.

I'm directly in the smoke path of the Mosquito fire in California, and I'm living in a bowl of the...stuff...

No drone flying for me for a while...

:-(

TCS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax