Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

What are the best FPV goggles for under $160?

Oliver Jensen

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am 15 years old and (I do not wear glasses) I have never owned a pair of FPV goggles, but I have done research. I am looking to buy some fpv goggles, box for low profile,(I don’t mind) and my budget is around US$160 or less and I would like your advice on what I should buy ?
I would use it for freestyle and I will never race with it. I think I have a low IPD.
These are the things that I DON’T care at all about: if it comes with a built in receiver or not, HDMI input, head tracking, audio, adjustable aspect ratio, 3D FPV support, and multiple channels because I will never be playing with more than one other person.
Another thing is that I do not know how important a faceplate fan is...
The only things that I DO care about are latency and video resolution, also, I don’t think I need to say this but I have a RunCam phantom 2 (if that makes a difference in your answers) And only if it’s possible a DVR would be nice(but that’s a low priority)...
Thank you and I look forward to hearing your answers!

Below $160 is a tough spot. There aren't alot of options and the only ones I would probably recommend are the Eachine EV800D 5.8G 40CH Diversity FPV Goggles with DVR. It's a 800x480 box goggle with DVR and it's punches above it price point. The other is the Eachine EV100. It's 720x540 with no DVR but you could always attach an external one if you want DVR at an extra cost. Both run around $100 USD and are good for the price. The next jump up would put you into a $300 price point where there would be enough of a difference in quality or capabilities to warrant to the extra cost. The new Skyzone cobra S and X are very similar specs to the Ev800D and EV100 but cost a bit more at $170 and $220 respectively and have better range but I'd stick to the EV800D and save up for a bigger jump later.

The other option a lot of people forget is to look at the used market. If your patient, for $160 you can probably get a good used Dominator v3 or even a Dominator HD3 which is leaps and bounds better than the new $150 goggles.

I also replied to your other post where you ask about the best camera for quality and latency. The goggles you use will affect the quality of the picture so it won't make much if you have the "best" camera if you are using entry level goggles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fael78BR
Hello again droneguy thank you for your very helpful advice! The secondhand/used option was a very good idea, I have managed to find a pair of Fat hark dominator V2 for $145, but (besides for the bulkiness) I don’t understand how these can be better as they have a lower resolution than the Eachine EV800D?
And if I was to go to Eachine rout/option (besides for the bulkiness and the DVR) which has a better video quality?
Oliver
PS sorry for my duplicate post...

The Dominator v2 is a bit older and have a reolution of 600 X 480. If you're looking to buy used, keep an eye open for a Dominator HD3 or V3 which should fit within your $160 price range. The Eachine EV800D is a great box goggle at $100. Like I mentioned before, at $100 it punches above it's price point then you can spend the extra $$ on batteries and other gear.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrmund
This might help. The reciever module is supposed to be really good.

My opinion is at these are way to expensive. Unless you WANT a box goggle, for similar money or just a bit more you can get much better goggles than these especially if you are ok with the used market.

I have reorganized a chart I have been maintaining that lists many of the FPV analog goggles that have been sold over the past 6 years. I highlighted the goggles I mentioned to you in previous posts so you can compare. I sorted the list by price to make it easier for you. For your budget the Eachine EV800D is probably your best bet or as I stated before due to their age, a used pair of Fatshark Dominator V3 may also be withing reach. I've seen the used street price for these drop to sub $200.

Goggle chart.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mrmund

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax