Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

what are the current FPV racers?

xokia

Reaction score
Hello new to this forum. I have been into RC Helis for a few years and have tons of heli equipment chargers, 12channel spektrum controller, 3s up to 12S batteries. I have had quads in the past the DJI stuff and then built a couple for my nephews from scratch.

I was thinking of getting into quad racing with a few friends. For quad racing DJI seems fragile to me but I dont know. I know they make decent equipment but they also have fragile and proprietary stuff. I dont like the idea of having to buy a new remote with each device and just buying dji.
Buying stuff and putting it together does not intimidate me. If there was a PNP product that was well built I wouldn't have a problem buying. I typically shop at helidirect but open to other places.

I dont know what flight controllers,escs,motors goggles are considered good for FPV racing. Cost is not a huge concern but with racing I expect a bunch of crashing so seems like small and durable would be wise. Any recommendations?

I own a DJI FPV Drone. It is an awesome quadcopter.
But for the reasons you have already mentioned. It is not a great candidate for being a racing drone.
Fragile, Heavy (it is carrying all of those sensors and large amounts of micro processing capability which are doing absolutely nothing when you are in manual mode) and hard to repair.
I flipped mine taking off in manual mode. Broke a front arm and had to replace both front motors and the ESC. The cost of the parts is not really an issue but if you repair it yourself it takes a few hours to replace a front motor because it requires near total disassembly of the airframe to access the motor wires.

Reactions: Fast and Curious

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput