Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

What do you think about using an Apple Air tag on my FPV Drone? Find my Drone is what I am talking about.....

pcgboca

Reaction score
What do you think about using an Apple Air tag on my FPV Drone? Find my Drone is what I am talking about.....

I can't take credit as I was not smart enough to think of this idea, but I read this idea in a forum the other day and I thought "Brilliant"...

Who would not want another tool in the box to find a drone that splashed down in a tall grassy field or at dusk......when time to find is short.

and at only 11g in weight and only about $30 I see no down side. Anyone have any experience with this on a Drone for additional location options in the event of rash / fly away?

Airtags have short range (only about 30ft/10m) on their own, they are meant to leverage the large number of Apple devices around when in a busy place.
Out in the open where you should usually be flying there won't be a crowd within that range of your drone and it should be unlikely Apple users will randomly pass by it, so while it might help slightly once you get close to it if you still can't see it it's not going to be terribly effective.

Reactions: needelmanDP
Airtags have short range (only about 30ft/10m) on their own, they are meant to leverage the large number of Apple devices around when in a busy place.
Out in the open where you should usually be flying there won't be a crowd within that range of your drone and it should be unlikely Apple users will randomly pass by it, so while it might help slightly once you get close to it if you still can't see it it's not going to be terribly effective.
good to know -thanks

Can one air tag detect another one? Say a second drone searching for the lost child. Does any company have a drone recovery system using a second drone, looking for a signal from The Lost?

Not that I'm aware, but there are plenty of completely autonomous GPS+cellular trackers that will basically always work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput