Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

What would be the best FatShark goggle anettenna (RCHP) for cinematic droning??

riumiybe

Reaction score
I am looking for a long range omni directional antenna (RHCP) for my fatshark goggle for cinematic droning.
What would you recommend??

For range, make or buy a helical antenna. I literally made one out of trash and have gone over 3km (2miles) with it.
Check out my initial range test from last week:

Additionally, make sure your VTX antenna is mounted high up and away from the frame/battery.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

For range, make or buy a helical antenna. I literally made one out of trash and have gone over 3km (2miles) with it.
Check out my initial range test from last week:

Additionally, make sure your VTX antenna is mounted high up and away from the frame/battery.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Thanks for your answer!! I watched the video and the range was amazing!
But does it the setup work well for obstacle interference??

Also what do you think of the TBS TRIUMPH 5.8G SMA??

Reactions: GiantAntCowboy
Thanks for your answer!! I watched the video and the range was amazing!
But does it the setup work well for obstacle interference??

Also what do you think of the TBS TRIUMPH 5.8G SMA??

This setup is ok for obstacle penetration, like light trees, the helical/patch combo really grabs as much signal as possible. The problem is 5.8ghz gets swallowed by the environment pretty quickly so even the best antennas have limited success.

I regularly shoot through pine trees with minimal issues, but heavy woods or solid object kill the signal quickly.

The TBS Triumph is a solid antenna for sure, in fact I’ve been thinking of ordering a tall one for my vtx. I’ll be making a video specific to my antenna experience soon, so stay tuned.

Last edited:
Thanks for the brief explanation! It's really helpful as I'm a beginner without nobody to support me.
Great to hear that! If it is ok, can you send me the link of the TBS Triumph antenna you are going to buy??
Cheers!

Thanks for the brief explanation! It's really helpful as I'm a beginner without nobody to support me.
Great to hear that! If it is ok, can you send me the link of the TBS Triumph antenna you are going to buy??
Cheers!
Sure. You can just post the link here as well.

The other thing worth mentioning is a taller antenna will give you better range. This is because the drone frame, electronics, battery and GoPro, block the signal. Additionally your head blocks the signal, so tall goggle antennas are beneficial as well.

We were all beginners at one point, then you become obsessed and want to improve something, so you start sucking knowledge from everywhere.

Reactions: riumiybe and mrmund
Oh I was asking you to post the link of the tall TBS Triumph antenna you are going to buy! Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Motivative words! Thank you very much!
Btw, I have another question, some people have 2 VTX antennas attached to their drones. Does this setup have better connection??
Anyways, thanks for the kind words! I'll keep myself motivated!

Oh I was asking you to post the link of the tall TBS Triumph antenna you are going to buy! Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Motivative words! Thank you very much!
Btw, I have another question, some people have 2 VTX antennas attached to their drones. Does this setup have better connection??
Anyways, thanks for the kind words! I'll keep myself motivated!
ooops, i just read it wrong, but actually yesterday I bought a new VTX antenna. It's a TrueRC OCP Long SMA. If you want or can use a slightly shorter antenna the TrueRC Singularity is actually better and is used by many long range pilots.

TrueRC stuff really seems to be some of the best, for goggles I really want a TrueRC X2-Air but can't find one in Norway, so I'll just wait until I go to the USA and get one cheaper there... for now my helicals are working great. Making a 7 turn this week that I'll be testing soon.

I don't have any experience with dual VTX antennas, or "diversity transmitters". If both antennas were broadcasting at the same time you'd only get half the power from each, which wouldn't be good for long-range, but could be great for closer flying maybe. However, if they could switch back and forth you could seemingly run a wide direction with a CP and have a neat setup. But again I don't have any experience with this.

If you have more questions feel free to ask and good luck

Reactions: riumiybe
Thanks! TrueRC antennas seem to become one of the best in the market now! Though I'm probably going to go with these:

Lumenier Double AXII 2 Long Range 5.8GHz Antenna (RHCP)

for getfpv.com
A experience pilot told me that Lumenier long antennas are the best for long range. What do you think??
Also, there are a lot of funky 6S batteries in the market costing a very high price.
But do you think a XILO 1250mAh 6S battery would be enough for Cinematic Droning?
I'm looking for very smooth control, not maximum speed and power.
Do you necessarely need a 1500mAh battery to fly your quad for cinematic droning??
I guessing these are for hard core racing.....
What do you think?
Sorry for asking so many questions!
I subscribed to your channel!

First thanks for the subscribe, trying to grow the channel so every sub and like helps!

Lumenier AXII are great antennas, never seen this dual one though, seems pretty cool and has gotten good reviews, so I’d say go for it. Your true limiting factor will likely be battery life, which brings us to batteries.

I don’t know Xilo, but they seem common and cheap enough to try and get started with. The mAh = your total flight time (Gas Tank). The C rating = Total burst power. So a 1250mAh 75c battery will give you decent power for normal flying and around 5 minutes for flight time.

A benefit for a smaller battery is weight savings, which results in better performance and an easier to fly drone. I have a few 1300mAh batteries I use in my cinewhoop when precision flying is more important than length or distance.
Feel free to ask more questions, this hobby is all about learning!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone