Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Where to put FAA Sticker on Avata?

Luckyguy

Reaction score
Hi, Long time drone pilot, but new to Avata. Where do you place the FAA registration sticker? The only flat place is on top, but after a few flights, it's coming loose. The battery has a large enough flat area but I'd need stickers on every battery. Below the battery on the drone works, but it's not visible as per rules. Any suggestions? Thanks

I have a Sunnylife battery clip I bought from Amazon that is attached with longer screws into the top of the prop guards. It has a flat spot on the bracket as part of the design. I used a little acetone to remove the logo, it was just a screen print giving me a blank space for the Brother label. I hit the ground recently at about 35MPH that ended the Avata but the battery stayed in just fine. I removed it before sending in for the swap with DJI. Not saying you should buy the clip, just sharing that is where I have mine.

I think you can mount below the battery. The rule states as long as it doesn’t require a tool to open.

I think you can mount below the battery. The rule states as long as it doesn’t require a tool to open.
  • Must be maintained in a condition that is legible.
  • Must be affixed to the small unmanned aircraft by any means necessary to ensure that it will remain affixed for the duration of each operation.
  • Must be legibly displayed on an external surface of the small unmanned aircraft.

Yup, that sounds like "don't have to take it apart to be able to see it".
Battery compartment's fine for me. Point is to allow identification, it does the job.

Pretty sure you can sharpie it on there too. Not as nice but meets the requirement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax