Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Wizard x220s won't take off

Scarblader

Reaction score
Hello! So i decided to start this new hobby and got myself something that i could break, the thing is that i am not even able to even fly ?, i got a x220s got everything set on betaflight, armed and everything.... now it doesn't matter how much throttle i give it won't take off, even by moving the right stick to the front or back it doesn't move at all, the propellers are set on the right position, the only issue that i see is that aux 10 marks at 1960-1980 but i can't figure out what is making it stay there, also by checking the motors on betaflight, motor 3 is putting more power than the other 3, around 1500 while the others are at 1100, any suggestions for this newbie?

When you arm, do the props spin or not? please provide a cli output of diff all so I can check your AUX modes.

Reactions: Scarblader
# diff

# version
# Betaflight / OMNIBUSF4SD (OBSD) 3.5.5 Jan 15 2019 / 10:14:41 (88921670b) MSP API: 1.40

board_name OMNIBUSF4SD
manufacturer_id

# name

# resources

# mixer

# servo

# servo mix

# feature
feature -RX_PARALLEL_PWM
feature RX_SERIAL
feature LED_STRIP

# beeper

# beacon

# map

# serial
serial 5 64 115200 57600 0 115200

# led

# color

# mode_color

# aux
aux 0 0 0 1700 2100 0 0
aux 1 1 2 900 1250 0 0
aux 2 2 2 1300 1700 0 0
aux 3 13 3 1700 2100 0 0

# adjrange

# rxrange

# vtx

# rxfail

# master
set acc_calibration = -8,78,-222
set serialrx_provider = IBUS
set motor_pwm_protocol = DSHOT300

# profile
profile 0

# rateprofile
rateprofile 0

yes the props do spin once i arm it

Your props are spinning the wrong direction. When you throttle up it's pushing the qwad into the floor. Switch the props around and you should be in business.

Unless it's a trick because of the camera frame rate. I slowed the video down to check and I think I'm correct

Your props are spinning the wrong direction. When you throttle up it's pushing the qwad into the floor. Switch the props around and you should be in business.

Unless it's a trick because of the camera frame rate. I slowed the video down to check and I think I'm correct

Attachments

• 20210609_013929.jpg
    20210609_013929.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
Like I said I could be wrong. Arm it again and see if the is air blowing up away or towards it. (Creating lift or pushing it down). You could also remove the props and see which way they're going. You can change the direction the motors spin depending on which pads the wires are soldered to and they can also be changed in BLheli program.
If you switch the props around and it works that's fine, that's called props out which some pilots prefer

It also sounds like the qwad is rattling on the tile to me which makes me think it's pushing down.
Again I could be wrong

I just looked up the x220 and it the pics I found the props are set for props in and in the photo yours are set props out.
Switch them so the 5030 is on the right front and back left motors and the 5030r are on the front left and right rear

Attachments

• Screenshot (13).png
    Screenshot (13).png
    2 MB · Views: 4
I just looked up the x220 and it the pics I found the props are set for props in and in the photo yours are set props out.
Switch them so the 5030 is on the right front and back left motors and the 5030r are on the front left and right rear
Yes sir you were right! I could take it for a ride in which now i messed up a motor ?? ****, now i need to get new motors ?, a little smoke came out.... the 2 front props start slowly, then they are back in business, while one on the back doesn't move at all... so i guess i burn it, any recommendations?... besides any other cheap drone recommendations that i can use with the fs-16x remote? I am planning on using this one as dummy drone, repair, break, repeat... in advance... thank you!

I think you are correct. I slowed the video and they look to spin incorrectly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax