Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

XM+ won't bind

coyote_dc5

Reaction score
OK so I have just fitted an XM+ mini into my TH2 into the SBUS pads. Everying powers ok but the bind process is not working. I'm getting solid red and green instead of solid green and flashing red when binding. This tells me I have a mismatch somewhere with firmware I think.

My X7 is international, I know this because I get the LR12 option under mode. The X7 is also running 2.3.7.

The XM+ was flashed with the FCC D16 with RSSI firmware 2.1.0 which is the latest on their downloads page.

What have I missed here : ( ?

LR12 does NOT tell you it is EU/LBT, whether or not it has D8 is the indicator, both EU and FCC have LR12 and D16, but EU does NOT support D8.
The red and green means that the radios internal XJT module and the RX are not compatible, th OpenTX version has nothing to do with it. There is also no way to know what is on either, all you can do is flash them both with something appropriate. Try looking up the XJT module v2 load and falsh it to "Internal" not External or SBus. Oscar Liang covers it pretty well, google flashing internal XJT and look for Oscars articles on it. Questions let me know.

Ok learnt a few things there. D8 is listed so confirms FCC but didn't realise the FW version shown on controller is not the transmitter itself. I will be update the internal XJT tomorrow to v2.1 which is on frSky download section so hopefully that sorts it thanks

Reactions: HighTechPauper
The taranis upgrade worked although I have some weird observations. The RSSI is like 120 and it won't bind unless your further away and it's under 100. I've also noticed the RSSI when in flight is erratic too. It goes from 90 to 70 or 60 to 40 very quickly and keeps flicking around. The SPI one i had previously was very stable and would reduce smoothly

The XM+ is known for over-saturating and losing connection at close distance, just move the TX away from the quad to get connection.
If RSSI was ever stable and smooth then that was the indication that wasn't real life, RSSI varies pretty wildly even when close and nothing in the way.
I would guess that the little SPI board may have had a time delay on update and/or an averaging function in the BF target in the SPI receiver code.

Ok that's reassuring then if my symptoms are normal. I'm just concerned it might just FS on me so I'll just need to build confidence with it. Thanks

Even though your indications seem pretty normal, it is ALWAYS a good idea to fly low and slow around your flight area until you know where you can and can't go, that way if there is a failsafe you can drop gently to the ground without damage. I always test the waters with the first battery when I go somewhere new and evaluate possible signal issues from where I plan to fly from.

Reactions: tevek
OK so I have just fitted an XM+ mini into my TH2 into the SBUS pads. Everying powers ok but the bind process is not working. I'm getting solid red and green instead of solid green and flashing red when binding. This tells me I have a mismatch somewhere with firmware I think.

My X7 is international, I know this because I get the LR12 option under mode. The X7 is also running 2.3.7.

The XM+ was flashed with the FCC D16 with RSSI firmware 2.1.0 which is the latest on their downloads page.

What have I missed here : ( ?
Had same issue, I flashed with the “history-firmware“ found on frsky-download-page...., its down below the newest firmware. After flashing it bind in one second! A few days later same problem with RXSR....same solution!

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kronk