Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

90 Degree USB-C to USB-C Cable report

pedz

Reaction score
Website
why-not-photography.smugmug.com
I purchased this 90 Degree USB-C to USB-C Cable. It is a little easier to get in the USB-C socket (see image). I'm tempted to cut the tie from the cover back to the drone so the cover will just come off and be loose. NOTE: this particular cable is 10 feet long. I didn't notice that or I would have bought one that was shorter.

IMG_2401.jpeg

The advantage of using a cable is both the SD card and the internal storage show up on my desktop on my Mac.

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 16.19.40.png

I've had pretty good luck with "The Last Cable." It looks like it would be perfect for the situation you describe. The magnetic tips combined with swivel ends is pretty convenient. I won't say that they're without flaw, but they're pretty good.

1664038086077.png

I own well over a dozen of these (maybe 2 dozen). They have cables that illuminate to show connection, which is very useful in mission critical situations when you might not otherwise know if you were connected.

1664038459945.png

1664038522783.png

I'm not endorsed in any way, shape or form. I just use their cables and, for the most part, they're pretty good. I've had one fail outside their 6 month warranty. It is an intermittent failure, so I can no longer count on the cable. And occasionally they don't seem to connect, but not very often.

For one of my endeavors I use 4 external batteries that charge via micro USB that MUST be charged for the jobsite. I use these batteries for a shoot at night and then again the following morning. So they MUST charge over night. The glowing cables are a godsend in this regard, because I KNOW that when I'm done with a job all 4 batteries are charging without question. I also monitor current draw, but the glowing cable is a VERY positive visual cue. Waking up the next day to one spent battery that didn't charge over night would cost me countless hours and dollars...VERY mission critical.

D

Reactions: rktman
They look like the plastic may be a bit thick, you might be able to trim some away until it fits.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
viorel007