Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Adding receiver, GPS to iFlight Alpha A85

rktman

Reaction score
Looking for general advice/tips about modding a BNF tinywhoop, iFlight Alpha A85 with the DJI Vista VTX.

1622741320761.jpeg

Quickly, bought it with the Vista system, discovered Vista doesn't work with the v2 DJI RC, modded already to add Frsky RXSR reciever. All works, but found no good way to mount receiver, so just stuffed it in the top of the canopy behind the camera. Not secured at all.

Want to add GPS to the stack. Does it need to be on the top, for the built-in antenna? My thinking is to just raise the canopy with some plastic washers and longer screws, add the GPS to the top offset with sufficient rubber grommets. Good idea, or no? The stack's gonna get taller, regardless.

Ideas for what to do with the tiny Frsky receiver? Foam tape it to the back of the canopy?

Love this little guy... had a failsafe occur, it dropped like a rock right in front of me in the living room (as it was set to do). Don't want to lose it if that happens out of sight outside, so I'd like to know where it is if I lose contact, and the rudimentary RTH in Betaflight would be nice.

TIA!

its a popular bird....
perhaps someone has made some 3d printed mounts?
I could imagine something that forms a bridge between the antenna mount and the canopy.

GPS should have view of the sky, and also preferably away from rf interference (almost impossible on a drone ;)) - but id just try it and see.

Im planning on testing my gps rescue today :)

quick google... this guy added GPS to a B85, looks like he just hot glued it at the back.

makes it a bit exposed, it'd be nice if you could get some black plastic, and kind of extend the prop guards.
also perhaps move it a bit back, and more on top of the prop guards.

of course if you dont crash , doesn't matter ;)

I was trying to avoid this (the precision measuring is a pain), but I think I'll just bite the bullet and design and print a new canopy. That way I can also modify the camera mount to fit the nebula pro camera upgrade I purchased.

If I do, I'll post a link to the Thingiverse posting.

Reactions: thetechnobear
I was trying to avoid this (the precision measuring is a pain), but I think I'll just bite the bullet and design and print a new canopy. That way I can also modify the camera mount to fit the nebula pro camera upgrade I purchased.

If I do, I'll post a link to the Thingiverse posting.
Hello rkman, did you able to add the gps modue on drone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix