Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Attitude Indicator

rktman

Reaction score
I want an attitude indicator overlay on the screen. Like a heads-up display in a fighter jet. Make it switchable so if it's annoying, you can turn it off.

I'm pretty new to this, so there must be a reason, but I'm surprised this basic bit of instrumentation isn't "standard" as part of FPV telemetry feedback (or is it? Like I said, I'm new to FPV).

If I knew my attitude relative to the horizon, it would, be much easier to stop and hover, among other things -- I think.

Well sorry but what you want and what you have is it till they
and if they change it with a update. Your really starting a useless thread. I want to win the lottery but here isn’t where I would ask it and
what you ask here isn’t the place. Try the DJI site and see what they tell you and let us know ?
You should have started a what would you like to see changed thread. ?

I want an attitude indicator overlay on the screen. Like a heads-up display in a fighter jet. Make it switchable so if it's annoying, you can turn it off.

I'm pretty new to this, so there must be a reason, but I'm surprised this basic bit of instrumentation isn't "standard" as part of FPV telemetry feedback (or is it? Like I said, I'm new to FPV).

If I knew my attitude relative to the horizon, it would, be much easier to stop and hover, among other things -- I think.
Oh man that’s such an awesome concept!! Glad you pointed it out. DJI reads this forum, and they need to bring this.

I'm pretty new to this, so there must be a reason, but I'm surprised this basic bit of instrumentation isn't "standard" as part of FPV telemetry feedback
Yes, that it's pretty much useless unlike what you think :)

I'd suggest posting this on the DJI forum, and also sending some 'feature requests' to dji directly via their contact page.

is is useful - yes,
if you are in an area where the horizon is less obvious, and artifical horizon is useful.
yes, many fpv osd include some kind of attitude indicator.

is it perfect , no ... putting everything central will not make a hover unless there is zero wind.
since if there is a crosswind you need roll, a head/tail wind needs pitch.
but that does not make it useless ;)

I think DJI have gone for the minimal look on OSD, so you can focus on the view, the fly experience - rather than the technicality of flying (compare this with many fpv huds)

but perhaps they could have 2 overlays, one minimal as it is now. ( * )

and another, where the information is a bit more central, including att indicator.
then the flyer could choose which they prefer.
(this would also make sense for N/S mode where the minimal view is absolutely fine)

anyway, send your suggestions to DJI, sure one persons request is unlikely to make them change - but if they have many similar requests they are more likely to consider it.

--------

( * ) Im hoping they will also fix the bug where VSI is not showing +/- (as it is in the sim) , and hope they will add +/- to speed.

Didn't know there were rules about how discussions should be worded. I've noted the proper way to start a thread like this in the future.

Didn't know there were rules about how discussions should be worded. I've noted the proper way to start a thread like this in the future.
Not a rule just being more specific helps. ?

I also am a new "droner" , is that a word?, anyway can a attitude indicator be used on something that can roll and do loops and such?

Yes - basically an attitude indicator is just showing you what the gyro is reporting.

I learnt something interesting/surprising yesterday - the speed indicator is non-directional ... if you fly sideways that is reported as speed too.
This explains why it is not signed , not sure
It’s ever so useful - but hey ho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya