Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Battery Fire, charger ruined

RandallEdick

Reaction score
While charging a 3s battery, I plugged in a 6s battery on the charging plate (can't recall which plug I used on the plate). It shorted out, and I believe killed the charger. I don't see a reset on the charger. Any solution? Anyway, never do this. Lucky I didn't have a fire, it was close. Think I'll pack it in, on this hobby.
Battery Failure.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Fast and Curious
Charging plates like that are ONLY to charge identical batteries that are at the same state of charge.

Did you disconnect the charger from mains for half an hour or so and reconnect? If that doesn't help it's likely dead, or with a bit of luck there's a fuse inside that blew.

I had the same sort of problem, if you open up the back of the charge plate you might find a strip of metal that has melted. All I did was solder it up and mine has worked well ever since. Just don't do what you did again 😁

Reactions: RandallEdick
Charging plates like that are ONLY to charge identical batteries that are at the same state of charge.

Did you disconnect the charger from mains for half an hour or so and reconnect? If that doesn't help it's likely dead, or with a bit of luck there's a fuse inside that blew.
Just one thing, you can charge different capacity batteries.

That would very much mess with the battery charging.

smoke stopper restricts amperage in the case of a short...so the magic smoke doesn't get out. This doesn't make sense while charging

Reactions: RandallEdick

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax