Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Better props for the DJI FPV drone

droneguy

Reaction score
Website
www.808drones.com
Hopefully one or more of the larger prop manufacturers will develop a new set of props for this drone. I know this would not be an easy task as you'd need to back into the static tune DJI has on the drone, but honestly, the factory props are not great. After 50ish packs, I'm beginning to think a lot of the bad or undesirable flight characteristics and prop wash are at least partially related to these crappy props. What are these things made from anyway? I'm really hoping a prop manufacturer will see the sales potential of better props and invest in the time to develop them. Or maybe DJI may release a firmware update with a better tune that reduces the effects of these plastic props.

Has anyone seen any hints of after market props yet?

Hopefully one or more of the larger prop manufacturers will develop a new set of props for this drone. I know this would not be an easy task as you'd need to back into the static tune DJI has on the drone, but honestly, the factory props are not great. After 50ish packs, I'm beginning to think a lot of the bad or undesirable flight characteristics and prop wash are at least partially related to these crappy props. What are these things made from anyway? I'm really hoping a prop manufacturer will see the sales potential of better props and invest in the time to develop them. Or maybe DJI may release a firmware update with a better tune that reduces the effects of these plastic props.

Has anyone seen any hints of after market props yet?
Give it time. The things only a week or two old... ;)

Reactions: TVQ
Not sure if it makes economical sense for Gemfan, HQ or DALprop.
I mean, I go through 2-3 sets of props on a weekend flying session when clipping gates, trees and such. Only thing that breaks on a proper 5 inch quad are the props usually.
If you fly like this with the DJI FPV drone, a lot more stuff will break on the drone itself.
These companies don't make Mavic props either, probably because they wouldn't sell that many since they don't crash much.

There will probably be 3rd party props from some obscure chinese companies on Aliexpress soon, but I don't think the larger prop manufacturers will dive into this.

Not sure if it makes economical sense for Gemfan, HQ or DALprop.
I mean, I go through 2-3 sets of props on a weekend flying session when clipping gates, trees and such. Only thing that breaks on a proper 5 inch quad are the props usually.
If you fly like this with the DJI FPV drone, a lot more stuff will break on the drone itself.
These companies don't make Mavic props either, probably because they wouldn't sell that many since they don't crash much.

There will probably be 3rd party props from some obscure chinese companies on Aliexpress soon, but I don't think the larger prop manufacturers will dive into this.
I agree. What will most likely happen is DJI will offer "improved" props or "freestyle/racing" props.

Hello has anyone experienced warning message on Dji fpv goggles
“ interference in MC location “
Hasn’t effected flight or anything else for that matter. Still concerning

Yep, seems to happen all the time with the motion controller (that's what the MC refers to).

Nothing to do with the prop topic though

Reactions: Mike Dot3s
There are aftermarket props and as said above obscure Chinese manufacturers, I risked it cuz they are cheap and see what if anything they do better or worse, someone on YT tested some (after I had placed my order) and they were horrible, totally out of balance and made an already jittery craft just real bad, crossing my fingers that is not the case with the ones I got.

The reality is that some crappy Chinese knock-off of the originals won't do anything. We need one of the top prop manufacturers to develop a good polycarbonate prop with a more aggressive profile, but it will never happen since you can't tune the drone to the new prop. The prop manufacturer would have to build a prop and back into the existing tune with lots of testing and it just wouldn't be worth the trouble.

We need one of the top prop manufacturers to develop a good polycarbonate prop with a more aggressive profile, but it will never happen since you can't tune the drone to the new prop.
Also, you can't crash the DJI drone. So sales will be limited for the top prop manufacturers.

I mean, flying aggressively with my FPV drones I go through 2-3 packs of props on a flying weekend since I crash, hit stuff, fly a track.... It's OK, they are cheap, like $3 per pack (4 props).
Fly like this with the DJI drone is game over.

There’s now a 3rd party prop adapter available which allows you to use ‘normal’ props.
OriginalDoBo on YouTube recently showed them.

OK, I have been flying my FPV drone for awhile, no problems. I did buy the prop adapters, and some recommended props,
but they look so small, in blade width, and pitch, compared to the stock DJI props, that I can't see the effort to even try them. Anybody have any other prop suggestions ???

iFlight Nazgul 5140 Tri-Blade 5.1inch Propellers​

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz