Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Calling all South Floridians

I just got in my Eachine "Goggles Two" yesterday. They are awesome for $140. I started on Eachine ev800. They are also a steal at $55 on banggood, plus probably $15 for reasonably fast shipping. The Goggles Two are more comfortable and have a better receiver, HDMI, etc. Those are probably the best options for the large box type with large field of view.

The other option is the more portable ones like fatshark or skyzone. They are much smaller, have good receivers but field of view is small and they are expensive.
Someone else just recently suggested i go with the eachines also. Let us know how your goggles two are. I was originally going to go with a fatshark but seems like there are alot of other options to look at. I guess first im going to have to see which style im more comfortable with.

How about the eachines D2 V2? Built in DVR is cool. 800x420 resolution. Diversity antenna?

The specs sound good, I haven't used them. I heard they had some bad reviews but haven't looked at the reviews myself. They may have updated to address the issues anyway.

I'm currently watching reviews now. I'll post back

what makes one better than the other? Is it signal strength, video quality, comfort, or compatibility. What i am looking for is a set of goggles that i know will fit my big head comfortably and have a high good quality image. Something that i wont also want to replace with another pair for a long time. Im willing to spend cash on it as long as i know its going to be worth it.

From my use the Goggles Two are super comfortable, receiver seems good, screen is very good, have HDMI in. They are a bit big though and no DVR. I have used fatshark attitude and I would prefer Goggles Two.

Reactions: Serius
The eachine V2 D2 apparently did fine when the dvr wasn't engaged but once he tried to record his flight, it got all choppy. Thats a big problem. My priorities in goggles on the cheaper models (can't afford the expensive) is 1.image quality thats what makes this one nice (diversity antenna). 2. I really want a DVR but if you can't fly when it's recording then that's a big fail. It also has no auto scan. So I'm back to EV800 or Goggle Two.

Thanks for the advise green Orange. TBH, im so new, I may not wanna record my flights yet.

Carlos,

I reviewed everything I could find on goggles a few months ago. I ended up ordering 3 different ones. The EV800's, the MyBuds and the FS Dominator 3. Each had pluses and minuses. I settled on the FS for several reasons, most of the pros use them, the quality and upgradability, a built in DVR and I can use the HDMI in for my Phantoms, Mavic and Solo.

Jerry

Carlos,

I reviewed everything I could find on goggles a few months ago. I ended up ordering 3 different ones. The EV800's, the MyBuds and the FS Dominator 3. Each had pluses and minuses. I settled on the FS for several reasons, most of the pros use them, the quality and upgradability, a built in DVR and I can use the HDMI in for my Phantoms, Mavic and Solo.

Jerry
Thanks jerry and everyone else for the replys. I was going to go with the fatsharks but have been seeing a lot of bad reviews with goggles. It would suck if i spent $500 and not be happy with it. Seems like everyone has good reviews with the goggles two.

Reactions: Serius
It seems like this hobby is still pretty new and the technology could really be improved in the coming years.

Also, another you tube video is suggesting a ground station will improve the performance quiet a bit. How about compatibility with a ground station ? And which one to get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any goggles with video in can use a ground station. I think Mr. Steele has a YouTube video on ground stations. It may have been someone else but I think it was him.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Thanks jerry and everyone else for the replys. I was going to go with the fatsharks but have been seeing a lot of bad reviews with goggles. It would suck if i spent $500 and not be happy with it. Seems like everyone has good reviews with the goggles two.

I was thinking about going to a local location where they fly and see if we can try a EQ that people are using. I know it is a personal item people put on their faces and might be strange to ask but I am with you. Before wasting $500, will be nice to try them out and compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya