Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Can my old Futaba Rx/TX combo work for quad ?

kris660

Reaction score
Hi there all , first time posting here . I'm new to quad racing with a built zmr250 ,naze32/ cleanflight . I also have an old PpM futaba T7CAP tx with FP-R127DF rx I'm trying to get working . Via cleanflight I make a connection via USB but get no response via receiver tab .
Is it possible to configure my setup to work ?
Any help would be appreciated thanks
SpCNOFz
[/IMG]

Kris

Attachments

• 20170504_204205.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
It should work. First, is any LED lighting up on the receiver? Then make sure it is set for PPM on betaflight config tab, and that the on the Ports tab, the right UART has serial receiver selected.

Thanks for fast reply ,
My FP-R127DF RX dosent have any led lights but I've tested tx and rx by themselves with servo and they do work.
Transmitter is set to ppm
Naze plug is connected to ch1
Cleanflight is set to PPM
Will confirm UART SERIAL settings .

Cleanflight
Ports -> UART1 -> select Serial RX , then Save & Reboot . After reboot SerialRX tab defaults to off position . Any ideas ?

Hmm, someone else was saying that the other day. Sorry I don't know how he fixed that. He may have posted it on here I can't remember though for sure.

Tried UART2 with same results on cleanflight . Just installed Betaflight and now I can turn on Serial RX via UART2.
Tried ch 1 but still no response via RX

I'm unsure which receiver channel UART2 pin is located .
Quad battery is plugged in .

Attachments

• 20170506_125547.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 3
Looks like Naze32 has a dedicated PPM pin on ch1. Not sure what UART it uses, try 2 and 3 I guess. Also I haven't been able to find what channel you need to use on the receiver for PPM. If you have a manual, it should say which one to use.

Looks like Naze32 has a dedicated PPM pin on ch1. Not sure what UART it uses, try 2 and 3 I guess. Also I haven't been able to find what channel you need to use on the receiver for PPM. If you have a manual, it should say which one to use.
Checked and Uart2 uses #3 pin on Naze board .
I'm bit confused as to amount of pins required to be wired . Currently using only Gnd/+5v/#1 ppm from Naze Board (3 wires) which are wired to futaba receiver . Does Uart2 pin from my naze board also have to wired to Futaba RX ?

Update: PPM signal from futaba rx didnt work with my naze32,i tried flysky tx/rx via ppm and works now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax