Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cerberus Trifecta - Cerb v2 newbe build

wow, page 20...
more a blog than a build but we've covered some key topics that anyone can use.

last night i realised i hadn't setup the runcam swift from stock settings. got that fingered but the saturation today was too high so I'll adjust that tonight. 5" Testing went well today (i only have 4 batteries, two - 75c 4s 1300mah tattu and two - 95c " " ") but its tighter now. vid looks better and its fast.. errr... real fast.
line_1515952611764.jpg

i made significant adjustments.
rate went from 1.0 to 1.3
P on R&P raised 18
I on R&P raised 15
D on R&P Raised 22ish
all done 5 points at a time after i rounded out the originals.
it finally started getting snappy so I cut super rate from 70 to 65.... ran out of batteries. it was a boring wide open spot to fly. ill post a vid

Last edited:
Just a thought for you Futura, what props are you running? I had similar drift with dal 5045’s and it is much tighter with 5050’s. Not perfect but definitely better. Downside is runtime is less but not by heaps. I’m sure messing with pids willl eventually get it really tight but props for me made a difference.

Reactions: Futuramille
i have immediate (first notch) throttle response. i raised the engine iddle to 4.8

maybe i should raise more idle...

at what point in low throttle, do y'all expect the quad to balance on the ground? (level horizon). harder to tell if you don't fly with underslung batteries. these start with a lean... spin up and level horizon before takeoff.
maybe i should raise idle to 5? what's the reasonable range? 4.5 -> ?

Reactions: Wayno52
I'll try but don't think that's it. (blades)

good question.. in the vid.. do y'all see the drift or am i being picky and the size difference is in play. the 3" feels so locked in after moves but.. it's smaller. the drift on the 5" is really slight.. can it get better?

Seems like the drift may be the difference in inertia on the bigger quad? I know it is throwing around a lot more weight. Looks pretty good to me and I had a timestamp to go by and could still barely tell that it was there.

it needs to fly the same as the others... just bigger. I'll get there (tighter) but .. it does fly well thanks y'all.

I'm starting to think your right tech. the difference in flight envelop is ... er.. more

still can't help but feel I'm a bit behind in the controls.. always compensating and that's not right

this should get "locked in" as much as the mini.. and then some... really? its good but not locked in.. very hard to articulate i guess. even with a video. you gotta feel it to make sense

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irelandmine